More threads by Vinton

Vinton

I was diagnosed recently with Tourette's and my worse tic is very strange:

I often breath broken sequence and at the same time
I sychronize the same tune ( for years)
I have arythmia and I believe that it is caused by this problem.

Retired

Re: Tics afffecting breathing

Hello Vinton,

Excerpt from Mayo Clinic.com Introduction to Arrhythmias

Heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias) occur when the electrical impulses in your heart that coordinate your heartbeats don't function properly, causing your heart to beat too fast, too slow or irregularly.

Arrhythmias are common and usually harmless. Most people have occasional, irregular heartbeats that may feel like a skipped, fluttering or racing heart. However, some heart arrhythmias may cause bothersome ? sometimes even life-threatening ? signs and symptoms.

Advances in medical technology have added new treatment methods to the procedures that doctors may use to try to control or eliminate arrhythmias. In addition, because troublesome arrhythmias are often made worse ? or are even caused ? by a weak or damaged heart, you may be able to reduce your arrhythmia risk by adopting a heart-healthy lifestyle

That being said, if you have been diagnosed with a heart arrhythmia, you would want to be followed by your family doctor and a cardiologist.

Have you discussed your breathing tics and your concerns about how it may be affecting your heartbeat with your doctor?

Vinton

Re: Tics afffecting breathing

I was thinking that not breathing regularly and in short strokes could also affect breathing. I went on the treadmill and was fine.

Retired

As I recall, breathing in short pants (not trousers) ;) can make you feel dizzy because you are not expelling carbon dioxide. Remember when the doctor :doctor: is checking with a stethoscope and has you breathe in short pants? If you do it too long, you become dizzy :eek:

Have you discussed this with your doctor?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.