More threads by Stevan

Stevan

If anyone has any insight into current treatment programs, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Now that science has confirmed physical changes to the brain and shown that pot use is linked to schizophrenia and psychosis, what are the non-private (i.e. Medicare funded) long-term treatment options available now?

Thanks in advance for responding.

Stevan

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
what are the non-private (i.e. Medicare funded) long-term treatment options available now?

Certainly, seeing a therapist can help with addictions.

[For those in the U.S. (unlike youself), I think many therapists accept U.S. Medicare (as do many psychiatrists), especially those who are affiliated with community and hospital outpatient programs. However, I am not familiar with the specifics.

U.S. Medicare only:

http://www.medicare.gov/publications/pubs/pdf/mental.pdf
Does Medicare Pay for a Psychologist Visit? | Caring.com ]

Last edited:

megk

I'm not really sure if you're looking for addiction treatment or not, but if so you can find several listings here: dart.on.ca (sorry I can't link it.)

Stevan

Sorry - addictive behaviours and substance abuse - and pot. If they now know that there's a link between mental illness and pot smoking, I would assume there would be medical facilities one could access for recovery as an alternative to spiritual programs.

megk

In that case, you should definitely check out that website. It's the Ontario Drug and Alcohol Registry of Treatment. There are all sorts of different types of treatment programs all over Ontario listed there.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.