More threads by mShacdowl

mShacdowl

Hello, im mShacdowl im new here! I'm a 13 year old boy (almost 14, yay), and I have trouble trusting people, even my girlfriend, who I really want to trust but I cant make myself... I also am a very shy person, god knows how a got a girlfriend :p

Thank you all for reading!

eva

MVP
Hi, and welcome!

I am 22 and I remember having a very hard time trusting people at 13/14 years old. It can be a difficult time because of how much puberty changes people. I still struggle with trust sometimes, so I think what you're going through is normal.

Learning to trust people can take a long time, and sometimes you get hurt by people you let in, be it accidental or on purpose, and it's something we all have to manage as individuals. It's completely up to you how many people you want to trust or not trust at any time in your life, your choice.

But as for the girl you are dating, trust and respect are very important in any healthy relationship, and just because you're young doesn't mean you can't make things work out and create a really great bond. Maybe think about why it's hard for you to extend trust. Is it you, or her? What can you do about it? Answering questions like that and looking for positive outcomes can help you both.

Hi welcome to Psychlinks Trust that is hard hun i understand especially if you have been harmed by someone. I think it take time to build up a trusting relationship
Have you reached out for any therapy at all hun to help you not be so afraid of people.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.