More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
As you can see, we've now made the move to vBulletin 3.60.

I will be continuing to customize and fine tune the forums over the next few days. Please bear with me in the interim.

If you find any major bugs or problems, please email me.

Halo

So far so good for me and I really like the new look. It is especially fun to play around with new features :)

Thanks

ddHopes

Looks good to me, Tho leave it to me ,........where are all the smileys'?????

I guess there are a few bugs aye? like avators and such???

ddHopes

Let me know and I'll be back then.....

Good luck with the change. I don't do change well, so I need to wait.

momof5

She's back! whoot!

Hey doc, will we be able to subscribe to all the threads like in the other forum software?

Sky

Nope, not just you! I saw that too...sure it's one of the things David will be working out :)

Just wanted to test the new format! Looks great. I like the changes to PM!

Sky

oopss....do I need to adjust my sig. or is that one of the bugs you are working out! ;)
David I will adjust my pixel size here shortly....sorry about that!

Sky

........well.......I was going to edit my message rather then have a string of them here.....but apparently we can't edit our own messages after so long? K...anyway...I've corrected my avatar and see that there are limits w/ the signatures...is that one of the bugs or are you setting limits w/ using avatars in the sigs? Just curious!

upgrade

I like it - I'm not the most proficient user so bear with me. I am pretty good at just typing sentences (no fancy stuff, unfortunately

ThatLady

Anytime a forum changes the software it's using, there's a period of time necessary for everyone to get used to the new format. It sorta goes with the territory, so not to worry, texasgirl. We'll all have to bear with each other while we learn how these forums work. Fortunately, there's no need for fancy stuff. If there was, I'd be out of business! :D

ThatLady

It's going to take some time, I'd imagine, to migrate all the smileys, etc. from the old forums, or to choose and implement new ones. As David said, he'll be working on the forums over the next few days. :)

momof5

........well.......I was going to edit my message rather then have a string of them here.....but apparently we can't edit our own messages after so long? K...anyway...I've corrected my avatar and see that there are limits w/ the signatures...is that one of the bugs or are you setting limits w/ using avatars in the sigs? Just curious!
The reason for not editing posts after a certain amount of time is a sort of security type thing.

This way, should there be a disagreement started or whatever, then nobody can change what they posted.

Give doc some time, most of what was in the old forum will be in this one in regards to things that you had. I think? ;)

ThatLady

Another reason for controlling the editing of older posts is that if a person goes back and edits a post (or posts), the entire thread can be rendered meaningless. If what everyone is talking about in the thread suddenly disappears, or changes, it's pretty confusing to new people who come and read.

Holly

Hi everyone,
I like the new look, and as ThatLady mentions it will take some time to adapt. I wanted to wish everyone the best of luck around the new forum. Congratulations Doc, are what seems a job well done. Take care

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The 15 minute time limit for editing posts was something we had with the old software.

The others things will be worked out bit by bit - hectic day and I just got home.

Signature images are off by default. I don't know whether I want to turn them on or not - I'm open to suggestions by members, as always, but it does slow down page loading.

On the other hand, there's an option here to limit the size of the signature graphic so that would probably work. Let me look at it in the morning. :)

Holly

Hi David,
I would leave it until you have the forum worked out first. Did we loss all the thread posts. In crime victims. I do not see any.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.