More threads by David Baxter PhD

ThatLady

Personally, I'm in favor of maintaining a strict limit on signatures, including avatars in signatures. It does really slow down the forums when people have long, or involved, signatures. Not only that, but some people just seem to get carried away and, before long, they've got a book down there. ;)

ThatLady

The old posts/threads can probably be migrated over, but it will take awhile, Nancy. I know when another forum I'm affiliated with migrated from XMB to VBulletin, it took a bit to get everything in place. I imagine this will be the same. :)

If you go down to the bottom of each forum, on the left side, you can change display options to "from the beginning" and all the threads in that forum should show up.

Meeeeeh...
why can't i have two quotes on the page? I can't fit my ralph wiggum on in, so how will people now about my bad spelling....

Halo

Quick question,

On the old forum we use to be able to say forever so that it never logged us out until we did it manually. Now if it seems like it is logging me out automatically and I was wondering if there was some way to keep logged in.

Thanks

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Nancy: There is a box next to where you log in that says "stay logged in" (or something similar). Check that and it will keep you logged in as before.

healthbound said:
will we eventually be able to see all the old threads again?
ThatLady said:
The old posts/threads can probably be migrated over, but it will take awhile
Janet said:
If you go down to the bottom of each forum, on the left side, you can change display options to "from the beginning" and all the threads in that forum should show up.
All the posts have been imported. However, Janet is correct - I think it defaults to only posts of a certain age. You can also change this universally in your User CP.

Phoenix said:
What is a 'subscribed' thread?
This is a thread for which you want to receive notifications when a new post is made.

Halo

Thanks David,

The only thing beside the log in at the top right is a box to check off saying "remember me" which I checked last time I logged in and so far it hasn't logged me off.

Hopefully that was it ??

Halo

David

Glad to see the improvements....they are great. I also like that the word Never is gone and the dates of the posts are corrected.

Awesome Job :yahoo: :clap:

Halo

And you admitted that in the open forum?? :eek:

Good thing that there is the option to delete the post in the future :D

Halo

Okay another question???

When you go and look at who's online, there are the usual members, guests and then all these "spiders". Who are they and are they suppose to be there?

just mary

Wow, this is kind of different. I haven't been on in awhile and I was a little startled. Like anything, it'll take awhile to get used to but it seems alright.

And I don't have any idea what the spiders are.

ThatLady

The spiders are bots from Google, MSN, Yahoo and the like. They wander the internet, unmanned, gathering various information. They're really pretty harmless, and generally end up stuck somewhere because they aren't members of the forums. They're confined to those things only a guest can read (at least, that's true on the other VBulletin forum I work, and I'm confident it's true here, as well).

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.