More threads by Daniel E.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Pawp.com for emergency coverage is nothing less than a scam:

Even worse, in my experience, their vet techs give false reassurance, i.e. are practicing veterinary medicine without a license. One of my senior dogs just died overnight, partly due to false information and false reassurance from Pawp.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Using techs as vets, which was my experience with Pawp.com and the experience of a former employee:

"Whereas a [licensed] vet or vet tech [is] not considered as practicing veterinary medicine but practicing advice giving and empathy to clients"

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Using techs as vets, which was my experience with Pawp.com and the experience of a former employee:

"Whereas a [licensed] vet or vet tech [is] not considered as practicing veterinary medicine but practicing advice giving and empathy to clients"

This is referred to as teletriage, but, at least in the state of Arizona, techs need to be supervised by vets in such cases:
https://vetboard.az.gov/sites/default/files/media/AZ Veterinary Medical Board_Parameters and Requirements for Telemedicine - Exec. Order 2020-19_2.pdf

"Teletriage may be performed by a veterinarian or Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) who is working under the supervision of a veterinarian without establishing a VCPR or obtaining Informed Consent to provide emergency, potentially life-saving telemedicine services. When determining whether to delegate such responsibility to a CVT, the veterinarian should consider the CVT’s knowledge, skills, and abilities."

In the case of Pawp.com (Pawp, Inc., based in the state of New York), they are not even providing genuine teletriage but rather the illusion of it, with financial gain from defusing any sense of emergency. In other words, gross negligence and gross incompetence.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Posted by Caroline Love before Pawp removed the reviews option on their Facebook page:

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 4.32.51 PM.jpg

In my personal opinion/experience, such a scheme is white-collar criminal fraud worthy of large fines or a prison sentence, especially since there is nothing in Pawp's terms of service about their ability to retract a positive decision.

Pawp is counting on people's apathy/resignation in the face of such corporate evil. Fortunately, I am like a dog with a bone for such issues.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.