More threads by A_o_87

A_o_87

Hello everyone, I've never really posted anything here before and I'm a bit confused to how this works, but I've been trying to figure out what happened to me today and I hope someone can help me out.

Really sorry for the long post but I want to descirbe as best as I can
I've been really upset and emotional these past few days and stressed from work and life in general.

Today I got a really weird headache at the back of my head and an hour later I got a disturbing call from my sister. She was crying and scared and I guess her voice and fear freaked me out. She was having a fight with her fiance who I know is abusive but she refuses to leave him. I got scared that he would hurt her and I wouldnt be able to do anything to help her.

After the call ended I found myself really dizzy and felt like crying really bad but I was at work. I felt helpless and stuck. I went to the bathroom and suddenly I felt like I was unable to breathe.. i kept breathing really loud feeling like I was going to die because I couldnt catch my breath. I felt like I was going to faint but I kept reminding myself that I need to call my sister again to make sure shes okay.

I was still dizzy and lightheaded but I was able to walk back to my desk and get my phone again to call her. She was still cryimg and sounded afraid but told me that she left and shes fine. This time 2 of my friends from work had noticed that I look weird and they came to check on me. I lost it and again couldnt breath.. my breathing kept geting louder and shorter.. I fell to my knees and cried really loudly which is very unlike me especially at work. I dont even let myself cry in front of close friends. I cried for a while with a loud noise and finally relaxed.

This was 6 hours ago.. I still feel shaky and my head hurts.

I dont know what this was. And I'm scared it would happen again.

I had a panic attack once 6 years ago. But it was different than what happened today so please let me know what this was and if its normal?

My sister was not in real danger, he is emotionally abusive he wouldnt really hit or hurt her phsyically so my reaction was a bit weird to me.

GDPR

GDPR
Hello and welcome.

I don't know for sure what you experienced but it does kinda sound like a panic attack to me,or maybe a severe anxiety attack.Maybe you might want to inform your doctor about it just to be on the safe side?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
We cannot diagnose anyone on this forum, or from a distance.

However, it does sound like this could be anxiety-related, possibly a form of panic attack, and possibly related to hyperventilation.

For your own peace of mind, I agree with LIT: tell your doctor what happened and see what s/he has to say.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.