More threads by LoneWolfie

No I am not a crazy cat lady by any means, my wife and I do love cats and three are rescues and one I found running in the street at midnight on my way home from work, the other was a pet store kittie. They all have their personalities and the last one brought in is Ollie, he is definitely a mama's boy and seems to know when I need some attention. He crawls all over me and will lay himself down on my chest. He only does this with me and I am grateful as he came into my life when it started going down hill. I took this picture just yesterday.

100_0622.jpg

heatherly

we all that that fear of being called a "crazy cat lady." we have nine feral cats--not by choice. we had them all fixed with the help of the humane society. it was either that or have them multiply, and we could see them starving to death. we have two tame ones of our own. one was a baby kitten rescue, the other was one of the feral cats who was tame. people dump cats like crazy here, and sometimes they dump them here. much of the time, if they are kittens i can find a home for them.

Sonya

We have 5 cats and I have that fear of being called "crazy cat lady".

Since we've moved to a more rural area, 4 stray cats have shown up at our door. Once they get comfortable enough with us, we take them to the vet and have them fixed and get their shots.

One poor little girl kitty showed up at 2AM a few months ago. We opened the door and she came right in. Thirty minutes later, she gave birth to four kittens! She was in bad shape. Probably hadn't eaten in days.

My husband and I had to help her clean the kittens as they were born. We got to watch them grow and play for 7 weeks before we put them up for adoption. I miss them still, but I made sure they got good homes and their new owners send me pictures often. We kept the mama and had her spayed. She is doing great now.

It makes me so angry that people dump cats off like they are trash. They are very sweet creatures if you are good to them.

We have 4 cats. They were born on the outside of our garage. We managed to place 2 of them but couldn't the others so now they are part of our family along with our dog, Sugarfoot. They have kitty condos in our living room and we love them dearly. Kinda hard to deal with though if we have to evacuate for a hurricane :lol:

AmZ

I was 'brought up on' cats - When I say that, please don't scream and say, YOU WHAAAAA!? I mean in the way that we always had different pets (a dog, tropical fish, a couple of hamsters, gerbils, rabbit, etc!) but the cats were the main ones of the house. My mum breeds pedigree cats and each one costs 500 GBP - No kidding! As much as each cat is, there is still however a lot of money to put in to cat food and all the rest of it, so you don't make that much money in the end.

Here is a picture of one of her cats.

Ollie4-1.jpg

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.