More threads by Banned

Banned

Banned
Has anyone tried a weighted blanket for stress, anxiety, or insomnia? Did you find that it helped?

GDPR

GDPR
Hey turtle,I was wondering if you ever tried one or not.

I was just thinking about this thread because I have this thing I bought for neck pain,it is called ' bed buddy'.Basically it is like a big tube sock filled with organic grains that I can either put in the freezer or in the microwave and wearing it around my neck really helps with pain and stiffness.

I have been wearing it a lot when I am at home, without heating it or cooling it because I like the weight of it,it makes me feel more grounded and less anxious.I can start feeling very spacey and put it around my neck and it helps.Not sure why,but it does help.

Today I was thinking about weighted blankets,and trying to imagine what it would be like to have one on me as I am sleeping.If it helps as much as this thing I wear around my neck I think I might order one.

I wish I knew how to sew because I have found instructions on making one online.I think they cost quite a bit for being blankets,but well worth the money if they help.

Banned

Banned
Hi LIT

I haven't tried one, no, but my bed is loaded up with a lot of blankets and it's quite heavy once I get under them. I guess it's as close as I can get for now but I do love the feeling. It makes me feel quite secure and it's very soothing and cathartic.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.