More threads by childshe

childshe

So, it has been over a week since I signed up - I meant to introduce myself right away but I didn't get a chance before the initail excietment of participating turned to hesitation/fear...

I tend to overthink things and stay hidden in my head - why are old patterns so hard to break even when you know they aren't really a protection?

To try and bunk the freakin patterns I'm attaching a poem I wrote a number of years ago - this is where the name "child she" comes from, and this is a glimps of where I came from - and even though I keep working at discovering me I still feel like I haven't yet recovered my true self, I still can't really trust myself to know my true feelings or desires, I still can't claim a name beyond child she...

Attachments

• ChildShe.doc
    29 KB · Views: 13

Mari

MVP
Re: well, this is me

H! and welcome! I hope you do not mind that I saved your poem to read again. :heart: I like it very very much. Mari :zzz:

Banned

Banned

Hi childshe,

Welcome to Psychlinks! I am sure you will find a warm and welcoming group here.

Halo

Hi Childshe and welcome to Psychlinks :welcome2:

I am glad that you decided to introduce yourself and I hope to see you around :wave:

Retired

Welcome to Psychlinks and thank you for sharing your poem. Feel free to join in any ongoing discussion or start some of your own.

:welcome2:

childshe

Thanks for all the welcome messages...

As someone who was raised to orbit around meeting my parents needs and to have no needs of my own, and someone whose partner suffers from PTSD and major depression, and someone who has been able to keep the illussion of functioning up well enough to trick society...well lets just say that being here is about stopping tricking even myself and admitting I have my own crap to deal with instead of using my husbands issues as a way not to deal with my own.

Looking forward to many good discussions to come - unfortunately right now I have to go deal with my little :poodle: exploding rear-end issues...

Oh - Mari - glad you saved my poem :heart:

ThatLady

:welcome: to PsychLinks, childshe. :)

Your poem is touching, and bears the echo of feelings I know I can relate to. I'm sure others here can relate, as well. :hug:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.