More threads by Kayty

Kayty

Ok...About 3 week's ago I drank a large amount of alchohol and for the next couple of day's I could'nt eat more then one meal a day because my stomach was all messed up. Then I think my stomach shrunk from not eating much. Now it is about 3 week's later and I am still feeling sick if I eat more then one meal a day, but I think it is all in the mind. Now that I know I can eat one meal a day and not worry about feeling hungry and lose weight, why eat more? Then yesterday I ate a brownie and felt terrible about it so I decided that today I would'nt eat anything. I actually did end up eating today, but only because I knew that I was going to play tennis and would burn it off. So I guess my question is, do you think this is the beggining of an eating disorder?

Thanx for taking the time to read this,
Kayty

Kayty

Thanx for your reply David,

I'm glad to know the Admin takes part in this forum.

yes this is new. I always ate like a pig. Although I'm constantly told I'm not fat <Admin edit: weight specification deleted>, every time I look in the mirror I feel like I am.

Kayty

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
It's possible, of course, that your recent alcohol consumption may be interacting with something else going on to make you just uncomfortable with your own body right now. I don't know anything about your history, of course - but I would suggest that this bears watching and that you try to take steps to get back to healthy eating before it gets any worse.

Kayty

I went camping this weeekend and I told my step sister everything and she made sure that I ate good and I think I am doing a bit better. I am actually feeling a bit better.

Kayty

Halo

Kayty,

I am glad to hear that you opened up to your step sister and that she is helping you with getting back on track with your eating. Kudos for you for speaking up about a potential issue so quickly.

:)

congrads to you!
i am very proud of you that you did not stay in those old patterns of skipping meals and restricting cause although it may feel good in the moment it is only temporary cause your body get so tiered and then you get depressed and more and more obsessed .. the thing is it starts out great with the losing weight btu then it becomes not enough than stoping becomes really hard and it is good that you spoke about your potential issue before it became too serious.
yours trully ashley

KiM

KATY ...
it sounds like you have a strong and determined head on your shoulder, its great you realuised what you were getting yourself into so early on ! we all have days when we dont feel too good, cant eat, but that has nothing to do with the idea of feeling bad when we do eat something ... just eat healthy, keep it going the way you are and you will be fine !! a healthy balance is what we are all striving for !!! and ofcourse, to accept and lurve our bodies !!!
KiM x

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.