More threads by Steven_v

Steven_v

basicaly i saw my doctor today and told him that my obssesive/intrusive thoughts were not as bad as they actually are (because ive only just got out of hospital and didnt want to go back in). and now i realise that was stupid but i dont know what to do because i'am pretty sure he said its only 4 weeks till my next apointment and i didnt no wether it was worth doing anything about or not.

Retired

Re: what should i do

If you feel that waiting four weeks is longer than you feel comfortable with, then call your doctor and tell him your thoughts are actually troubling you more than you let on in your session.

Then ask you doctor what he thinks you should do.

That will give you the opportunity to bring your doctor up to speed, and allow your doctor to assess your situation.

Is there any reason you feel you cannot or should not call your doctor?

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Are you currently seeing a therapist, Steven? The most effective follow-up care after hospitalization may include frequent therapy sessions (at least weekly or every other week) in addition to seeing a psychiatrist.

...i didnt no wether it was worth doing anything about or not.

I don't think you have anything to lose by giving the doctor an update. He could, for example, change the dosage of medications or do other medication changes.

Steven_v

yeah iam seeing a therapist dont know when the next apointment is though i'll have to ring tommorow

ladylore

Account Closed

I empathise Steve as I don't like hospitals either. Only as a suggestion, you may want to ask your therapist about other options in the community, group therapy, day programs...

The point of this is to be healthy and if anyone is being too triggered that it may cause someone to backslide, it isn't worth it. I know for myself, any kind of residencial programs are out of the question, due to my background. So my therapist has helped me to come up with other options.

Take it easy

Ladylore

Halo

I agree with Steve that you best option is probably to call your doctor and be honest with him/her about how intrusive your thoughts really are. They cannot help you unless you are honest with them and if the thoughts are more intrusive than you let on then you may be able to get an appointment sooner than 4 weeks which would probably be ideal considering that you were just released from the hospital and as Daniel mentions that the most effective follow up care after hospitalization is frequent therapy sessions.

Make the call Steven and let him/her know what is really going on, it will probably help.

Take care :heart:

Steven_v

i made the call and couldnt get an apointment any sooner, unfortunatly i also called my therapist and his away for two weeks aswell so i wont be seeing him either

Halo

First of all I am glad that you made the call. Second, do you think that you are going to be able to hang on until at least your therapist comes back in two weeks and you have a chance to speak to him/her? Maybe once (s)he is back then you may be able to get a sooner appointment if they understand how distressing your thoughts really are but the question is whether you feel you can hang on and deal with these thoughts on your own for the next two weeks.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.