More threads by Thelostchild

So my mom calls me at 8:50 am and she telling me that they might put my dads dog to sleep. She was fine until the horse ran over her and tore her ACL . Its going to cost 1,2000 dollars to get it fixed so they are debating wether to put her to sleep or fix it. Personal I would get it fix. she has about 5 or 6 years left of her life. Im an animal lover so my thought would to be get it fixed.

So my mom called me the smorning and her and my dad were deciding wether or not to put my dads dog to sleep. she has about 5 or 6 years left of her life. My moms stupid horse doesn't like the dog and he went after her and just trampeled her over tearing her ACL. The surgery is going to cost $1,200. I wouldn't put the dog down. of course im an animal lover and a sucker. thats why i have 3 cats!! I can't handle see animals being put to sleep. I worked at a Vets office and I saw so much. It was very sad.. :frown:

When I read the first post, (1,2000) I was like... I love my dog, but if THATS how much it cost, he's on his way to doggie heaven. For my baby (toby) I would find the cash (1,200) from somewhere, but situations are different. Why is your mum asking you? Is she looking for reasurance, or will she listen to what you advise?
x

Everyone in my family always come to me for advice. I have allot of experience in animals and animal care diseased and such. But she knows better then to call me ask me because ill say no don't put her to sleep. I have spent allot of mpney on my own animals I have had all my cats spayed and declawed. and between all the cats it was about $589. My dog i got from the shelter that was $90 and then to clean his teeth tthat was $50 plus he had a root canal $400 and pluss my horse well i wont get into that. we will just say it cost a fortune. But im willing to do what ever it takes

ok, i don't know the situation at all obviously,
BUT... if she knows your answer, perhaps she feels its too much money, but WANTS to do it, and if you tell her too, then she can tell herself that you told her too.. lol, don't know if that makes sense but perhaps she doesn't trust herself to make the descision, but wants to keep him alive?

oh boy my dad is going to taker in to have the surgery. My dad was crying and my sister and everyone else. Im so happy they are going to do this. I feel much better

mpm

I am so happy your dad decided do give her a chance! I love animals too!I have a cat Igor .he is lovely, and I had a dog for 13 years, and we did our best to save her...so I hope your dog will be fine :)

foghlaim

we had a dog for 19yrs and had to put her to sleep... it was very sad to see her go.

hope the surgery works out ok for you dad's dog...

ThatLady

I'm glad to hear the dog is going to get the surgery needed. Good luck! I hope everything works out and the dog comes home feeling just as frisky as ever. :)

foghlaim

TLC: i hope it's okay to ask about your dad's dog.. how did the surgery go?
i know it's been a while and if u have answered this in another thread, please ignore this msg. was just wondering about her.

nsa

My dads dog is ok and she not completely back to normal she can barely walk on it. She knows now not to go near the horses. which make her antsy

foghlaim

that's great news TLC. I take it everyone (in your family) is delighted that she made it thru the surgery.
poor dog, hard way to learn the lesson .

thanks for the update.
nsa

ThatLady

It's good to hear the dog came through the surgery okay. It'll take some time for her to be able to get around like she used to, and she'll probably avoid horses for the rest of her life! I think I can understand how she feels, considering.... :yikes:

Holly

ThatLady said:
It's good to hear the dog came through the surgery okay. It'll take some time for her to be able to get around like she used to, and she'll probably avoid horses for the rest of her life! I think I can understand how she feels, considering.... :yikes:

Hi thelostchild,
I go to read a post lately I find ThatLady is saying what I would say, so I using her quote, I think she right the dog may wish to not be near horses for awhile!
Thank you for the update, all the best, :) :D

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.