More threads by lallieth

lallieth

Created to take a stand against the greatest threat our planet has ever faced, Earth Hour uses the simple action of turning off the lights for one hour to deliver a POWERFUL MESSAGE about the need for action on global warming.
We turned all power out for one hour last night from 8-9pm...

Halo

Unfortunately I wasn't home but was out for the evening celebrating my mom's birthday. We did make sure that all the lights in the house were shut off before going out though...maybe that counts.

Mari

MVP
Absolutely - now if we could just get big business to reduce their excessive power use - air condtioning, heating, and empty buildings fully lit. I reduced power all day and went as close to zero as I could get from 8 - 9pm. We sat and talked by candlelight.

I did it for awareness and caring for the environment and also in honour and memory of my son. When my son was four years old he was reading about energy and the environment and he asked me to make him a cape so he could be Superenergysaverman. Every day he would put on his cape, strike a pose, then dash about the house making sure that no-one was wasting energy. :heart: Missing that dear sweet boy of mine. :sob:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.