More threads by Daniel E.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Well, eating berries is very healthy. A cup of blueberries, for example, has 4 grams of fiber and 80 calories.

The problem with juicing (as opposed to blending) is that pulp/fiber is removed.

Ohh I understand now. So I can keep making smoothies :yahoo: Cause I just blend fruit.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Especially if you add spinach, cucumbers, and kale.

I see some scents blended of Melon and Cucumber. Wonder if that would taste good to drink....I would think Honey Dew Melon would make a nice smoothie and maybe add some Cantelope. I would try to add Cucumber...too.

But maybe I am weirder than I think :teehee:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Unexciting but surprising update:

Oatmeal + Orange Juice

A study from the Antioxidants Research Lab at the U.S. Department of Agriculture shows that drinking vitamin C--rich orange juice while eating a bowl of real oatmeal (read: not processed) cleans your arteries and prevents heart attacks with two times as much efficacy than if you were to ingest either breakfast staple alone. The reason? The organic compounds in both foods, called phenols, stabilize your LDL cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein, or so-called "bad" cholesterol) when consumed together.

Best Life Magazine - Nutrition - Natural Selections

Mari

MVP
I am not sure what 'real oatmeal' is? Any idea? If they are referring to that cooked mush then I hope raw oats are okay or another grain cereal. :coffee: Mari

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I think real oatmeal is the kind you slow cook for hours or fast cook for 30-40 minutes, as opposed to that "instant oatmeal" mush where you just add hot water. :panic:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Not yet :D

I now see Best Life Magazine has a recipe where both old-fashioned oats and steel-cut oats are combined into something called the Save-Your-Butt Breakfast.

Anyway, this makes sense:

Whether you’re eating steel cut oats, old fashioned rolled oats, or quick oats, they’re all good. Just avoid “instant oatmeal,” which is the kind that comes in the little pouches, already mixed with sugar, salt, and artificial flavors.

http://coachlevi.com/nutrition/rolled-oats-steel-cut-oats-difference/

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Another exciting update:

Worst Hotel Breakfast Drink:

Orange Juice
1 cup
110 calories
1 g fat
0 g protein
33 g sugars

When you eat fruit whole, the fiber helps mitigate the effects of the sugar. But with juice, the fiber vanishes and you’re left with a sugar surge. Skip the juice for skim milk. A study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that people who drank milk at breakfast, instead of juice, consumed 8.5 percent fewer calories at lunch.

Drink This Instead!

Skim Milk
1 cup
86 calories
0 g fat
8 g protein
12 g sugars

Worst Hotel Breakfast Drink | Eat This, Not That

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
:lol: Not coincidentally:

There's also a series of print ads...in...O — The Oprah Magazine. Naturally, she channels her inner spokesperson: "Tropicana is something that's been in our family for a long time, and I love the premise of Trop50 because it delivers the goodness of orange juice, but with just half the sugar and calories."

Eat Me Daily

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
re: Kyra Sedgwick starring in Tropicana ads

The comments to that story are hilarious... evidently, the point of the ad, orange juice, is lost entirely... it's the shoes and the dress that catch everyone's attention:

April 30, 2009
OMG, I'm living in the Kansas City area and have looked everywhere for those shoes -- I LOVE those shoes.
2. Sam comments:
April 19, 2009
I thought it was her my girlfriend didn't. she liked her shoes I didn't notice them, all I saw was Kyra!!!!!!!!!!
3. Nataliewould comments:
April 15, 2009
I want the shoes too.
4. janib916 comments:
April 13, 2009
I just want to know where I can get those shoes?
6. vionnetboutique comments:
April 08, 2009
The camisole she's wearing is available at vionnet boutique by Decolette!
9. savagepi comments:
April 01, 2009
The shoes are by Masion Martin Margiela
10. melody comments:
March 30, 2009
Gotta have those shoes. Has anybody found out where to get them?
11. slwturtle9 comments:
March 30, 2009
Ha...I too want to know what brand of shoes she is sporting in the ad. They caught my eye as well as the oj.
12. lovin the shoes comments:
March 30, 2009
I would also love to know who's shoes she has on I LOVE them!
13. beware of dog comments:
March 28, 2009
I love this commercial! Anyone have an idea what shoes she she is wearing?

HBas

I am currently training with a Personal trainer that put me on a eating plan because it's to be healthy and not to loose weight. Any way - I am only allowed juice to replace a fruit when it's meal time. No fruit or juice in the morning. Rooibos tea as often as I want though ... I am allowed a fruit at snack time in the morning (between 10 and 11) and at snack time in the afternoon ( between 15:00 and 16:00) - with my portion of Protein of course so if I am in a real rush I drink a juice and a protein shake! Also only allowed a certain amount of Grapefruit!

I take a thin slice of lemon in my water and thin slice of orange in my tea, that helps with VitC as well. I have not felt this much natural energy in a very long time - just because of eating right. All the good things are great in the right portions.

Thanks for the cool thread - as always Daniel.

HB

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.