More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
For those of you registered with Yahoo email addresses (yahoo.com, yahoo.ca, yahoo.o.uk, etc.), you may not be receiving the newsletter or thread notifications this past week, or you may notice delays in receiving your email.

This is not a Psychlinks issue but rather a problem at Yahoo!.

I am assured by Yahoo! that this is a temporary situation, although they did not provide an explanation as to what is wrong. Delays of up to 48 hours or more may occur.

Retired

Perhaps not for this identical reason, but because of overly aggressive spam filtering, users of Hotmail, G-Mail as well as Yahoo frequently do not receive forum generated email notifications.

What surprises me is the kind of perverted spam that Hotmail does allow, yet continues to block forum email notifications.

I maintiain a Hotmail account for testing purposes, and am constantly amazed at the stuff that's in my inbox.:yuk:

Steve,

I don't bother with hotmail anymore for just those reasons, newsletters from my parrot and budgie forums never arrived or ended up in spam whilst "other stuff" came into my inbox quite freeely, not had any problems with Yahoo as such, as for AOL they block everything even normal emails get put in spam with them!!!!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Good, Thanks for the feedback, Gemini. It seems to be randomly affecting Yahoo .com accounts as well as Yahoo Canada, UK, Australia, etc.

I'm not sure what the parameters are yet but Yahoo assures me it's temporary.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Spoke to soon...

Yahoo is again having problems receiving email:

A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on vps.psychlinks.ca.

The message identifier is: 1HzdYL-0006oP-KV
The subject of the message is: Psychlinks Forum Newsletter
The date of the message is: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:03:17 -0400

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:
{xxxxxxxx}@yahoo.com

Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: host g.mx.mail.yahoo.com [209.191.88.239]: 421 Message from (64.22.66.134) temporarily deferred - 4.16.50. Please refer to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/defer/defer-06.html

Gemini

Are you getting that message for all yahoo emails or just some? What about hotmail? I have both email addresses and they seem to be working fine but am now concerned that I may not be receiving some.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
In the past couple of days, yahoo.com, yahoo.ca, and yahoo.com.au.

But these are described as temporary delays - not permanent.

As far as I know, there are no problems with Hotmail.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I've made some changes to the mail server configuration designed to expedite this. For those of you have trouble with email notifications, the changes may also fix this.

Let me know. :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.