More threads by Graduation Day

Hello everyone,
I just signed up today but have been lurking for a little while.

I was diagnosed with Schizotypal Disorder a while ago and am currently waiting to go into therapy. I've been waiting for a long time and it sucks because I'm not super functional these days. So I'll just hang around here in the meantime.

It's been hard getting any real information on this disorder, so I'm hoping to squeeze some info out of these boards. Are there anyone else here with this disorder?

ladylore

Account Closed
Re: yet another one

Hi Graduation Day. :welcome:
Hang out all you want. :) I personally don't have Schizotypal Disorder, but other people in the forum may be more knowledgeable then I am with this particular diagnosis. Now that I am curious I will have to do some research. :D

Do you know how long you will have to wait for a therapist? I was diagnosed with PTSD so I know something about not fuctioning at the level I would like. Glad you found us.

Halo

Re: yet another one

Hi Graduation Day (GD) and welcome to Psychlinks :welcome2:

I hope that you enjoying hanging around and can find some useful information and resources in the process :)

Retired

For anyone interested here's a definition:

Schizotypal personality disorder is a serious condition in which a person usually has few to no intimate relationships. Such people tend to turn inward rather than interact with other people, and experience extreme anxiety in social situations.

People with schizotypal personality disorder often have trouble engaging with others and appear emotionally distant. They find their social isolation painful, and eventually develop distorted perceptions about how interpersonal relationships form. They may also exhibit odd behaviors, respond inappropriately to social cues and hold peculiar beliefs.

As a result, people with schizotypal personality disorder often find themselves drifting from one activity to the next, failing to connect with people as they meander through life.

Schizotypal personality disorder is a chronic condition. The pattern typically begins in early adulthood and endures throughout life. There's no cure for schizotypal personality disorder, but psychotherapy and some medications may help alleviate symptoms.

Source

Hi Graduation Day,
I know how it is to be in a no mans land , here's hoping that your therapy begins as soon as possible . Welcome to this safe place.

best wishes white page

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.