More threads by GaryQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the bus driver would appreciate it ;)

Found #3: There was a public piano (one of the out of tune ones that they leave to allow people to play) and my parents wanted me to play it. I did so, stuck to easy songs but didn't get super nervous, when my hands started shaking I was still able to play, and afterwards some people clapped.

GaryQ

MVP
Tell your mom the cruelty to plants movement is big in your area.

Plastic fake plants only need water to wash the dust and dirt off. Some look pretty real.

then there’s the fact your not a “young lady” anymore... I’m guessing your bday has arrived :birthday3::thewave:

maybe time to smile, say “great idea mom but it’s just not gonna happen” acting like a grownup and standing up to people (gently and tactfully) comes with the job ;)

GaryQ

MVP
Had a great time today with bud. Sat around for a bit since he drove out straight from his chiropractor appointment. Went to A&W had a Teen burger meal + an extra burger. Bud looked at me with big eyes I said hey no poutine here lol

Got exactly what I asked for as a gift. He almost bought me the real good strong stuff regardless of the price and thought “what if he really enjoys them?’ And changed his mind. Really smart move!

But as all good periods have their ends or breaks I realized listening to old songs bring back too much old memories (good and bad)
Had a deep crash earlier this evening took 2mg clonazepam and went to sleep at 8pm. Sucks big time since music was such an important and major part of my life. From all aspects. Never really listen anymore brings me crashing down more often instead of bringing me back up. The guitars and recording equipment are just collecting dust. not doing anything irrational and rash yet but thinking maybe they could use a new home and find people that could enjoy them and just give everything away. Instruments were made to be played not ignored. For now they’ll just continue hanging on the wall and in storage boxes. It’s a shame...

Thanks @GaryQ :)
acting like a grownup and standing up to people (gently and tactfully) comes with the job ;)
I told her multiple times that I didn't want it... So if course it's on my balcony. Guess that's why 'boundaries/assertiveness' is one of the topics I'm working on in therapy ;)

I'm glad to hear you had a good time out with your friend and that he got the exact right gift :)

That must be really tough about the music stuff though. It was upsetting enough for me when I couldn't play anything at the piano where the family all stayed for my cousin's wedding, then got shown up by my brother (though I was pleased for him / proud of him too, bittersweet I guess). I'm wondering aloud if there's a way that you could find some kind of a new positive association with music that doesn't have so much painful association with the past... Although I don't have answers. Hope you're feeling a bit better now.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I told her multiple times that I didn't want it... So if course it's on my balcony. Guess that's why 'boundaries/assertiveness' is one of the topics I'm working on in therapy

Seems to me that perhaps your mother should be working on boundaries in therapy. :coffee:

GaryQ

MVP
^^^ exactactaly ... was thinking the same thing... just give it to someone at work that actually wants it... then you can tell your mom when she comes back to visit that you brought it to work which technically would be true :D

yes it sucks about the music... since I went to sleep at 8 i was awake really early in the middle of the night and decided to polish off the first pail of ice cream... about 1.5L to be somewhat close to accurate. Left a little bit to say I didn’t eat it all lol. Oh and I never had that late night snack/early breakfast one I was talking about the other day so there was only the 3 bowlfuls gone before I attacked it last night.

Definitely can't imagine my mum going to therapy. I did manage to get my parents to play Mario Kart with me though... And they came last or second last in every race. ;)

GaryQ

MVP
Well you could have pretended to let them win once in a while... lol

I never was much of a gamer type but wrecked my thumbs on super Mario on the original Nintendo and can’t remember which Nintendo console there was a slide and me and my youngest son spent hours on end beating each other’s best score over and over. That kid was finishing games all by himself from age 5. Started playing at 3. You showed him a couple times how to pass an obstacle and he’d get through it after that.

When the kids were growing up were the best days of my life. Sigh how the years pass. My baby is gooblax’s age Now... my oldest will be 38 end of the month.

GaryQ

MVP
Thanks, i remember that one but there was another one which had more to do with how precisely you went down the slide. It's a loooong time ago hard to remember.

EDIT: think it was this one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.