More threads by Anna

Anna

It is hard for me to think because my thoughts get scrambled, but here is an attempt at summarising what has happend to me over the past few years. I was a bright, enthusiastic, energetic university student in 1999. Halfway through the year I became pregnant with an unplanned pregnancy. This placed me under a great deal of stress as I was in an unstable relationship and had never planned to have a baby. William was born in March 2000 and a few months later I was diagnosed with Major Depression with Psychotic Features. Over the next couple of years I managed to struggle through a couple more university degrees. In January 2004 my ex partner (William's father) in an argument put his hands around my neck and squeezed so I coudn't breathe. I had not much reaction until a couple of weeks later when in a flashback my heart started beating really fast and I was shaking all over. I went to a doctor and asked for information about panic attacks. The doctor was unhelpful and didn't give me any information. I was crying and shaking and the medical centre receptionist could see something was wrong and she sent me to hospital. I remeber there were a couple of security guards there but i n my mind i saw about 20 of them marching down the corridor. When i tried to talk to a doctor my words came out all scrambeld as in a 'word salad' I was shaking and couln't walk straight and kept thinking there were men after me with knives. I ended up staying in hospital for about three weeks. They put me on Solian which made me feel like a zombie it was so much effort to do anything. After that my medication was changed to Abilfy. I am currently on 50mg abilfy and still experience some level of thought diorder. It's like thinking in another language that I don't understand. But more disabling than the thoughts disorder are the negative symptoms, the lack of motivation and apathy. It's very hard to get out of bed in the mornings but i have to because i work part time for Telstra. It is very hard to sum up my exprerience in such a short amount of words and there are a lot of gaps in what i have told you about but that is is starting point.

Anna

It is hard for me to think because my thoughts get scrambled, but here is an attempt at summarising what has happend to me over the past few years. I was a bright, enthusiastic, energetic university student in 1999. Halfway through the year I became pregnant with an unplanned pregnancy. This placed me under a great deal of stress as I was in an unstable relationship and had never planned to have a baby. William was born in March 2000 and a few months later I was diagnosed with Major Depression with Psychotic Features. Over the next couple of years I managed to struggle through a couple more university degrees. In January 2004 my ex partner (William's father) in an argument put his hands around my neck and squeezed so I coudn't breathe. I had not much reaction until a couple of weeks later when in a flashback my heart started beating really fast and I was shaking all over. I went to a doctor and asked for information about panic attacks. The doctor was unhelpful and didn't give me any information. I was crying and shaking and the medical centre receptionist could see something was wrong and she sent me to hospital. I remeber there were a couple of security guards there but i n my mind i saw about 20 of them marching down the corridor. When i tried to talk to a doctor my words came out all scrambeld as in a 'word salad' I was shaking and couln't walk straight and kept thinking there were men after me with knives. I ended up staying in hospital for about three weeks. They put me on Solian which made me feel like a zombie it was so much effort to do anything. After that my medication was changed to Abilfy. I am currently on 50mg abilfy and still experience some level of thought diorder. It's like thinking in another language that I don't understand. But more disabling than the thoughts disorder are the negative symptoms, the lack of motivation and apathy. It's very hard to get out of bed in the mornings but i have to because i work part time for Telstra. It is very hard to sum up my exprerience in such a short amount of words and there are a lot of gaps in what i have told you about but that is is starting point.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.