More threads by Heather

Heather

I have been having this really horrible reoccuring dream and I wake up from it feeling like crap I don't want to have it anymore!

I won't go into it heaps but basically I have 2 cats, one of them is very very very special to me and the dream is a person killing that cat in a really awful way.

Don't really know why I posted that but with the depression and all the other stuff I am going through (which is a lot) I don't really need to have this dream.

The last reoccurring dream was horses being killed, it has gone now though.

Heather :(

Heather

I have been having this really horrible reoccuring dream and I wake up from it feeling like crap I don't want to have it anymore!

I won't go into it heaps but basically I have 2 cats, one of them is very very very special to me and the dream is a person killing that cat in a really awful way.

Don't really know why I posted that but with the depression and all the other stuff I am going through (which is a lot) I don't really need to have this dream.

The last reoccurring dream was horses being killed, it has gone now though.

Heather :(

It may help to realize the dream is not about your actual cat or its actual murder. To me, this sounds like a minor variation on the one about horses being killed.

Personally, I think dreams can be telling us about what is going on in our unconcious minds, and that it can be helpful to get the insight. It diffuses some of the inner conflict by bringing problems out into the open. Dream interpretation is usually based on recognizing that the different characters in our dreams most often represent different aspects of our own self.

So your dreams seem to be indicating a deep rage of one part of yourself, at another part of yourself (represented by horses and your cat). Maybe you can get in touch with what that anger is, without it being too upsetting.

For an example, I was getting into a bad temper at work. I started having dreams about blowing up a bus full of 'bad men'. For me, it made sense that I wanted to get rid of that part of me that lost my temper. It helped to face this as a problem in my life and to work at letting go of my issues that caused the conflicts.

I hope this helps.

It may help to realize the dream is not about your actual cat or its actual murder. To me, this sounds like a minor variation on the one about horses being killed.

Personally, I think dreams can be telling us about what is going on in our unconcious minds, and that it can be helpful to get the insight. It diffuses some of the inner conflict by bringing problems out into the open. Dream interpretation is usually based on recognizing that the different characters in our dreams most often represent different aspects of our own self.

So your dreams seem to be indicating a deep rage of one part of yourself, at another part of yourself (represented by horses and your cat). Maybe you can get in touch with what that anger is, without it being too upsetting.

For an example, I was getting into a bad temper at work. I started having dreams about blowing up a bus full of 'bad men'. For me, it made sense that I wanted to get rid of that part of me that lost my temper. It helped to face this as a problem in my life and to work at letting go of my issues that caused the conflicts.

I hope this helps.

Heather

Thanks and yeah that helped,

I have been wanting to talk to my counsellor about the dreams but I have been unable to, there is so much that I still do not feel comfortable telling her, even though she is great! But maybe I should she may be able to help me work this one out!

I am actually quite angry and upset with myself at the moment for various reasons, including the fact that I am only getting passes and a few credits at uni when I know I can do much better! So I will really have to think about this one.

Heather...

Heather

Thanks and yeah that helped,

I have been wanting to talk to my counsellor about the dreams but I have been unable to, there is so much that I still do not feel comfortable telling her, even though she is great! But maybe I should she may be able to help me work this one out!

I am actually quite angry and upset with myself at the moment for various reasons, including the fact that I am only getting passes and a few credits at uni when I know I can do much better! So I will really have to think about this one.

Heather...

Eunoia

Hey, I don't know if this helps at all, and don't take anything for valid, but this is some info I could find about death and that kind of thing in this dream book I have... First of all it said that an actul dream of dying doesn't necessrily represent dying but could be about a transition in your life. ie. if it is time for a change or necessary to change ways, a dream about death may indicate that you should pay attention to the need for growth. Apparently, recurring dreams seem to signal some unresolved conflict, whether conscious or unconscious. Only you know what your cat or her death or the death of horses symbolizes to you, ie. I don't think there's too much use in trying to figure out exactly what a horse or cat stands for... b/c everyone's life is different so the interpretation of a dream differs as well in that context. You could run the dreams or some parts of it by your therapist if you feel comfortable to do so and see what she says.

Personally, I think what goes on in one's life definately has the potential to affect dreams.... some people have "dream diaries"... or just records of their dreams so you can look at them at a later point and find patterns, be more objective etc...I found this website as well, don't know if it's any good though: www.dreamresearch.ca/rem/symbols.html

Eunoia

Hey, I don't know if this helps at all, and don't take anything for valid, but this is some info I could find about death and that kind of thing in this dream book I have... First of all it said that an actul dream of dying doesn't necessrily represent dying but could be about a transition in your life. ie. if it is time for a change or necessary to change ways, a dream about death may indicate that you should pay attention to the need for growth. Apparently, recurring dreams seem to signal some unresolved conflict, whether conscious or unconscious. Only you know what your cat or her death or the death of horses symbolizes to you, ie. I don't think there's too much use in trying to figure out exactly what a horse or cat stands for... b/c everyone's life is different so the interpretation of a dream differs as well in that context. You could run the dreams or some parts of it by your therapist if you feel comfortable to do so and see what she says.

Personally, I think what goes on in one's life definately has the potential to affect dreams.... some people have "dream diaries"... or just records of their dreams so you can look at them at a later point and find patterns, be more objective etc...I found this website as well, don't know if it's any good though: www.dreamresearch.ca/rem/symbols.html

Heather

Thanks Eunoia,

I really appreciate your reply. I will look into what you are saying!

I am just over these dreams as they are kind of yukky!

Heather...

Heather

Thanks Eunoia,

I really appreciate your reply. I will look into what you are saying!

I am just over these dreams as they are kind of yukky!

Heather...

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.