More threads by Heather

Heather

Hi I dunno if I should be writing this here.

But I have been having this reoccurring nightmare about horses being murdered in really awful ways.

Now I love animals but I have no real link to horses I mean I have riden a bit and think they are beautiful animals but other than that nothing.

So I can't work out why I would be dreaming this.

Should I talk to someone about this I mean is it normal to have night mares that are totally unrelated to my life?

Am I being told something, lol?

Heather

Heather

Hi I dunno if I should be writing this here.

But I have been having this reoccurring nightmare about horses being murdered in really awful ways.

Now I love animals but I have no real link to horses I mean I have riden a bit and think they are beautiful animals but other than that nothing.

So I can't work out why I would be dreaming this.

Should I talk to someone about this I mean is it normal to have night mares that are totally unrelated to my life?

Am I being told something, lol?

Heather

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Most dreams are quite random -- your brain is sifting through recent experiences and comparing them to older memories as it figires out where and how to file the new information. That's why dreams often contain bizarre juxtapositions of events and people, impossible combinations, like you at age 6 in a room with your younger brother at age 15.

On the other hand, I do think that recurring dreams may sometimes reflect personal worries or fears or insecurities -- however, even there the important information is, in my opinion, the FEELINGS or emotions that the dream triggers for you, not the specific content of the dream.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Most dreams are quite random -- your brain is sifting through recent experiences and comparing them to older memories as it figires out where and how to file the new information. That's why dreams often contain bizarre juxtapositions of events and people, impossible combinations, like you at age 6 in a room with your younger brother at age 15.

On the other hand, I do think that recurring dreams may sometimes reflect personal worries or fears or insecurities -- however, even there the important information is, in my opinion, the FEELINGS or emotions that the dream triggers for you, not the specific content of the dream.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.