More threads by forgetmenot

been struggling so much lately just never ends get through another day they say new start tomorrow but no new starts all the same things no hope no hope sorry just so tired of living really anymore tired

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Re: very very dark place

Sorry to hear that.

What are your biggest stessors now?

Are you still on Lexapro or was it still making you tired? Are you able to see a therapist?

It may also help to get some bloodwork done to check for thyroid, vitamin deficiencies, etc.

Last edited:

It sounds like things are really tough for you forgetmenot. :(

Is there one small change you could make for yourself just to have one thing that's different to look forward to?

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

And my guess is you need to put yourself first regardless of what is going on in your family.

sorry lost it a bit yes girl not well people moved in on her she does not have backbone to tell them get out i will have to go down to do that. No one understands no one TRIGGERS i lose it no one understands somehow i have to get me back so i can deal with today

Dealt with it all so much finishing laundry. told her team she needs to be in group home but they cant do anything she refuses to do that anyways praying she stays in gets strong again i have done all i can

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Have you ever benefited from a hot bath or something like that? Small ways of putting self-care first.

Or some other distraction may be helpful to kill time and relax until you get professional help.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

https://www.ted.com/talks/andrew_solomon_depression_the_secret_we_share/transcript?language=en

As for me, I had always thought myself tough, one of the people who could survive if I'd been sent to a concentration camp.

In 1991, I had a series of losses. My mother died, a relationship I'd been in ended, I moved back to the United States from some years abroad, and I got through all of those experiences intact.

But in 1994, three years later, I found myself losing interest in almost everything. I didn't want to do any of the things I had previously wanted to do, and I didn't know why. The opposite of depression is not happiness, but vitality. And it was vitality that seemed to seep away from me in that moment. Everything there was to do seemed like too much work. I would come home and I would see the red light flashing on my answering machine, and instead of being thrilled to hear from my friends, I would think, "What a lot of people that is to have to call back." Or I would decide I should have lunch, and then I would think, but I'd have to get the food out and put it on a plate and cut it up and chew it and swallow it, and it felt to me like the Stations of the Cross...

Last edited:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.