More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"To me it appears that every child, indeed every human being, for some reason, is continually striving to answer questions, to overcome difficulties, to solve riddles, and to develop himself in some degree towards a self-satisfying completion, the full achievement of his life purpose. No matter what may be the age of an individual, you will find tendencies which have their beginnings--if one may venture to use the phrase--in the dawn of life, and which, by their persistence, ever demand a development to a higher level." (From The Cause and Prevention of Neuroses, IZIP, Vol 5, 1927)

"True strength can never be derived only from talent but from the courageous struggle with difficulties. Whoever overcomes wins." (From Progress in Individual Psychology - Part II, IZIP, 1924, a new translation in the AAISF/ATP Archives)

"What do you first do when you learn to swim? You make mistakes, do you not? And what happens? You make other mistakes, and when you have made all the mistakes you possibly can without drowning -- and some of them many times over -- what do you find? That you can swim? Well -- life is just the same as learning to swim! Do not be afraid of making mistakes, for there is no other way of learning how to live!"

ThatLady

I've got a saying that I like to trot out when I see that someone is upset over having made a mistake. To me, the only ones who don't make mistakes are those who aren't doing anything. ;)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.