More threads by Worried_friend

Sorry...here are some more details. She's moving to a smalish town about 2 hours from where she is now. The reason she has to move, is because to take a year off her income drops by 20%, therefore she can no longer afford her current mortgage, and property prices where she lives now are through the roof.

Her therapist recomended a year break, as she has a lot coming up. She's taking her brother to court over the abuse. That and she's pretty much rock bottom...she gets home totally exhausted but unable to sleep much...I think she gets a couple of hours in a night. Her therapist seems to think she doesn't have anyone...makes me feel a bit useless.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
But in fact you aren't able to be much support to her right now. That's no fault of yours -- it has to do with the basis of her PTSD.

You have to let her go, Worried. She isn't able to let you be the friend you want to be right now. That may not always be true but it seems to be for the moment. And she does seem to understand that you wish to help.

Old 60s/70s poster: "If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's yours. If it doesn't, it was never yours to begin with."

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with her moving if it's the best for her. I'll miss her as I do enjoy her company and she is one of my best friends, but at the end of the day I just want her to be healthy again, and get her PTSD under control.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.