More threads by Into The Light

i just wanted to share that all my hard work in therapy is really starting to pay off. as encouragement to everyone else, keep working at it, and one day you'll find yourself feeling pretty okay :) the work is worth it, even if at times it feels anything but!

boi

way to go ITL...thats great...Its a breakthrough when you realize therapy might actually be working :dimples:

Atlantean

Thanks for the encouraging post, ITL. I recently changed my mental health team and Im hoping that I can make more progress than I was where I was before. Sometimes I feel on top of the world, but then it just feels like life comes crashing down on me, and it cant just be one or two things, it has to be everything just decides to go wrong in my life and thats when I lose my mind I desperately need to get some coping skills. Ive found that since I no longer escape or dissociate, I just take it and take it until I snap and then all hell hits the fan.

thanks everyone! :)

Thanks for the encouraging post, ITL.
that was a big reason i posted. i wanted to let people know that even if it seems like nothing will ever change, keep working at things and eventually things will get better for you. it's taken me about 2.5 years' worth of therapy to get to where i am today.

Ive found that since I no longer escape or dissociate, I just take it and take it until I snap and then all hell hits the fan.
this is something i am learning right now, to not just take it and take it because eventually all the pressure will come out in some form or another and we'll be in crisis. it's really hard to change our behaviour because it is anxiety provoking but if we can just stick with it despite the anxiety then in the long run the anxiety will go down and we no longer are under such pressure anymore.

hang tight. it's not going to change overnight but it is going to change over time.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.