More threads by Tampa11

Tampa11

New to forum, comments welcome ( working hard on acceptance),
Trying to be happy most of the time, makes me unhappy most of the time.

hello tampa, welcome to psychlinks, glad to have you with us. :) you mention you are unhappy most of the time, can you tell us more about that? (not obliged to of course, if you aren't comfortable).

:welcome:

Welcome tampa

when you say that your working on acceptance... do you mean you accepting others or others accepting you?

hope the forum is helpful for you!

Tampa11

Thank you for your interest, I probably should have used the word frustrated, my thinking or thoughts are what I am frustrated about, I tend to be judge mental about people, places and things. I wish I had control over what comes into my head ( mind control?). I have somewhat control how I react to those thoughts. Acceptance seems to be the culprit.

Thank you for your interest, I probably should have used the word frustrated, my thinking or thoughts are what I am frustrated about, I tend to be judge mental about people, places and things. I wish I had control over what comes into my head ( mind control?). I have somewhat control how I react to those thoughts. Acceptance seems to be the culprit.

Tampa - I also used to be very judgmental about people (I was also very judgemental of myself - and wonder now if I held everyone else to my internally high standard). I started to read teachings by the dali Lama, and I found them very useful. He teaches about accepting others and inner peace and it may be helpful for your to pick up one of his books.

Tampa11

Phoenix
What a coincidence I just picked up 2 Dalai Lama cds, “How To Practice” and “Training The Mind”, from the local library this morning. I prefer listening with earphones, get less distracted.
I also have a few Deepak Chopra tapes, his tapes helped me become more aware, when the committee is working overtime in my head, but not as quickly as I would like.
Thanks for your feedback

Rosa

a little late but wanted to add my wellcome to the boards. Glad to see you could open up a bit. I'm sure you'll find lots of acceptance and suport here.
As always
Rosa

Tampa11

Rosa
Thank you for the post, late is always better than never, your trip sounded great, you are proof, things are not as we first perceive them and you can start your day over at anytime.
Nick

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.