More threads by Tyrsday

Tyrsday

Am I depressed?

I don’t know if I am depressed. I might have been depressed for so long that It is just my normal reality and does not really bother me. I do know that I feel tired, can’t be bothered doing anything and the things that I should be passionate about, I think are worthless and I hate. I just can’t be bothered. I don’t want to have any contact with anyone except my partner, who is a lot like me. I do get real sad for no apparent reason but I guess I don’t get sad about being sad. I’ve learned to just do nothing and not let it bother me.

I definitely have very low self esteem/motivation.

Tyrsday

Am I depressed?

I don’t know if I am depressed. I might have been depressed for so long that It is just my normal reality and does not really bother me. I do know that I feel tired, can’t be bothered doing anything and the things that I should be passionate about, I think are worthless and I hate. I just can’t be bothered. I don’t want to have any contact with anyone except my partner, who is a lot like me. I do get real sad for no apparent reason but I guess I don’t get sad about being sad. I’ve learned to just do nothing and not let it bother me.

I definitely have very low self esteem/motivation.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Am I depressed?
As I have said many times, diagnosis at a distance has little value but based on the information you've given here I would say there is a very good possibility you meet the criteria for either major depressive disorder or dysthymia.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Am I depressed?
As I have said many times, diagnosis at a distance has little value but based on the information you've given here I would say there is a very good possibility you meet the criteria for either major depressive disorder or dysthymia.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.