More threads by Rosa

Rosa

i would like to take this opportunity to invite all of us here to tell us a little about ourselfs..new members, old members-it doesn't matter. nsa and i have noticed the boards have had lots of visitors but few posters lately and i thought this might be a way of adding life to our boards.
In friendship
Rosa

Rosa

Re: an open invitation

ok, i guess i'll start out. most of you know me but its worth updating once in awhile for the newer and not so newer people.
I live in a small apartment with two large german shepherd dogs which i love so much. i went to a doctor for depression and ended up walking out with ptsd and bi-polar as well as the depression i started out with:)
I enjoy my container garden which is filled to the rim with pretty flowers and plants. I especially enjoy sitting out on the deck under the umbrella and drinking a cup of coffee while enjoying the fragrance of the flowers. That is my paradise.
I'm very lucky in that my meds seem to be working and i really like my doctor.
well thats a little about me....i will add more as we go along.
In friendship
Rosa

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
I think this is a great idea, Rosa. I was just thinking yesterday that it would be nice to get to know some of the people here better. I'll follow your thread. My name is Meg, and I'm a 22 year old student. I live with my husband of 7 months. I had major depression for most of 2001, but, fortunately, when I removed a number of stressors from my life and added a few good things, it gradually improved on its own. I developed PTSD at about the same time as the depression...it just took me quite a while to realise that that's what it was and get help. I'm doing much better these days!
I'm afraid I don't really have a green thumb like you seem to, Rosa, but I do always have flowers on my kitchen table (grown by someone else!). They seem nice and cheery! I love coffee too, but unfortunately I usually drink it while sitting in front of a computer screen at uni. I take some time out every second Saturday to do something nice with myself though, and that usually involves coffee at various locations!
I'm glad you like your doctor, Rosa, I think that makes a big difference. I like my counsellor, too, I think I have been very lucky to have her. :)

Anyway, there's a bit about me!

Meg

Rosa

thanks for writing and its so nice to meet you. I do enjoy my flowers but most of my 'green thumb' consists of going out and buying the best looking plants i can and planting them, from there on out i just try to keep up on watering them. I do love the fragrances and just being surrounded by beauty.
I'm glad you too, have a counselor that you like-it sure does make a difference doesn't it?
Well, thanks again for your post and i'll look for you on the boards:)
In friendship
Rosa

foghlaim

HI my name is NSA. i have 5 grown "kids", 2 dogs and at the min one of the "kids" still lives with me. I have a garden out back with lots of diff flowers, both of us have the green fingers and thorn marks to prove it lol.
depression has struck me a few times before, but this time is the only time i am being treated for it and it does make a diff.
Iused to like going for walks, reading and puzzles. one of these days i'll get back to like them again.
the biggest thing i like at the min is driving. i am waiting tobe able to take off around this country for a couple of weeks on me own. that's it i think.
oh and i love this forum and it's members. without whom life would not be as it is.

nsa

Hi Rosa,

Im from England and live in a flat with my budgies. I love all animals but favourites are birds :) Love listening to music, any type of music except for jazz :eek: love watching horror and sci fi films, I like reading and enjoy spending time with my budgies, I sometimes study with the OU (open university/home study) love the countryside and seaside, but dont get to go anymore because of my illness, which is agoraphobia/aniexty, also get depression but its not as bad as it use to be, This is sounding like a profile on a internet dating site :D thats about it for now ;) :)

Holly

Hi everyone,
My name is Holly, I am a survivor of a violent crime, I enjoy gardening, do not have a green thumb! I love to watch baseball, hockey is another story.
I been around the forum this summer I had dental surgery. I have a Scottie terrier, actually two Scotties. I enjoy going for walks with them.
I do advocate, help families of survivors of abuse, also go to court with crime victims.
I enjoy speaking at conferences, doing presentations about my experience with the criminal justice system.
I enjoy the forum, everyone's contributions. Take care :)

Banned

Banned
Hi everyone,

My name is BG and I do NOT have a green thumb. In fact, the smart plants stay away! I have two dogs, a Miniature American Eskimo and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. I've just contacted the Corgi's breeder to get another one :)

I am working full time in the travel/tourism industry but am looking to switch to training dogs full time, which I currently do part time. I love doing it - it is so fulfilling for me.

I am leaving on holidays to the Maritimes of Canada next week and I can't wait! I am taking my two young nieces and going on a camping trip.

I'd tell you what I do in my spare time, but between two jobs, looking after two dogs, and trying to renovate my house, well, I really don't have any spare time!

Rosa

oh this is just so nice. Many of you have been here longer that I have and its nice to have a chance to get to know you a little better. Thanks for all the replys.
In friendship
Rosa

just mary

Good idea Rosa, sometimes it is hard to keep track of everyone. Thanks. :)

I'm 37 and female, I live in Canada. I've been clinically depressed and I'm currently feeling very confused about life. I have alcohol abuse issues and I tend to isolate myself, I feel very alone. I came here by accident as I was searching for something completely different. But I read the posts and saw the compassion and as a result I feel very safe on this forum. Everyone seems so nice and STRONG.

Thank-you. :)

Rosa

thanks just mary,,,,,I've sceen you around alot but its nice to get to know a little about you. thanks for posting,
in friendship
Rosa

JA

Seems like a really good idea, Rosa, so I guess I'll post too...

I'll be 25 ( :shocked: already!) this week, and I live in Atlantic Canada...Where many people on this forum seem to be headed for a vacation! I just moved back from Ottawa, actually, where I was doing an internship (I'm hoping to be a psychologist when I'm done...but I must admit it scares me a bit). I'm now trying to finish my thesis over here, while my boyfriend is back in Ottawa doing the same thing.

Now that I'm back, I spend alot of my spare time at the beach, which I really missed. I also do yoga and really enjoy anything outdoorsy. As far a green thumbs go, I used to have a garden which did reasonably well, but I have a bit of trouble with house plants...for some reason, they tend to die on me... I've had my two cactus plants for about 3yrs now, though... Hopefully someday I'll be able to care decently for other, more fussy plants :)

Halo

Well since everyone else is putting some info on here about themselves I thought that I should also.

I'm 31 years old, single and living in Ottawa. I don't have any pets (although I would love a dog and will get one but not until I stop working so much) and I also do not have a green thumb at all. I work in the legal industry full-time and also part-time at a sports recreation facility which I have to say that on most days I absolutely love my jobs. I have been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and General Anxiety Disorder. I have felt depressed and anxious my entire life and am only recently getting the treatment that I need. I have been through many medications and combinations of them along with years of therapy which was unsuccessful for various reasons but I really think that I am on the right path now.

That is about it for me. Glad to hear from all of you and hope to hear from more.

Rosa

thank you all for your 'introductions'...it really helps getting to know each of you as many have been here longer than i and i missed out on alot of info...
In friendship
Rosa

ddHopes

Hi all and thank you for this topic Rosa, great idea.

Well, I'm 44 and live in Missouri, Branson area. I LOVE animals, and have 4 dogs now. They are my pride and joys. No children. And married to a wonderful man of 7 years.
I have background in Nursing and Business, but my hobbies are my yard, my pets, and helping people and animals.

I was dx'd with bipolar when I was 19 and bpd when I was 22. In 96 was a victim of a violent crime as well. And now deal with ptsd , agoraphobia and panic attacks. I am also a survivor of childhood abuse and s#xual abuse.

I am legally disabled now, but never give up hope to recover.
I used to love to repel, hike, camp, boat,skiing ( just water in general) and still enjoy writing.

Hope to get to know you all.

dd

Hi my name is Thelostchild,

I?m a 25 year old female. I live in Southern, central Idaho. I've been diagnosed with bipolar, PTSD, self injury and anxiety. I have one quarter horse, one boarder collie dog and 3 different kinds of cats. I?m recovering from orthopedic surgery. I love to ride horses, hiking, mountain bike, and going on walks. I hate skiing. Humm lets see like everyone else I'm on a ton of medications. I like "fufu coffee" starbucks coffee, I like tattoos, I have 5 of them. And I live on a ranch.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.