More threads by SilentNinja

SilentNinja

I don't know if I had left the forums before or after I got my diagnosis so I dont know if I said.. but I was diagnosed with Avoidant PD, Bipolar and Schizotypal. But this was from.. two or 3 different psychs.

Anways.. I was on meds for 2 years and I have came off them because I wanted to try lose some weight. I've been off them about 2 or 3 months now, and a new thing that I have now that I dont think I had before is really much anger.. and irritable. I get really angry with people for silly things, or if someone is even staring at me, or even on soial networking sites I'll have these outbursts at everyone, but in real life I cant shout at anyone, I'd never swear either.. I just get ANGRY in my head... I feel like holding my head and screaming sometimes. what could be causing all this??? :( I hate being angry I'm a caring person and it's like im two different people. It's really really scary.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
That could be several things including high anxiety, but given your diagnoses and the fact that you discontinued all your medications the most likely explanation is a return of your bipolar symptoms.

You really should get back to your doctor and resume your medications. If you are concerned about weight gain, talk to your doctors about this to see if you can switch to a medication with less potential to cause weight gain.

SilentNinja

thanks for the reply! I didnt really know that bipolar caused anger.. i thought it was just ups and downs, though i do get more downs!
I dont really want to go back on mediation.. i dreaded taking it every day for 2 years! Id rather try and see if i can do without, I was in therapy for 2 years also and i cant really say i go anywhere... i still couldnt tell her anything, i just stayed quiet.-- ,, infact i dont think i was even on any meds for bipolar i was only taking citroplam or something? somethinglike that

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Probably citalopram (Celexa) which is used to treat depression. Irritability can also be a sign of depression. The advice I gave you above still applies.

Hi SilentNinja good to hear from you again. Anger is so hard to keep control of I too think hun you need to talk to your doctor and get back on those medication. Bring some peace back to your life ok. You won't be so angry at everyone you moods will be more stable and you won't be so anxious hun. I understand the not wanting to take medication i do but for us to be healthy hun one really should take them. Talk to your doctor ok my daughter is on newer medication and she has lost all her gain weight from before the new medication help her hun so ask your doctor ok.

AmZ

Nice to see you SilentNinja. It's been a while.

I was also diagnosed with Avoidant Personality Disorder.

I hope you can get to your doctor and get on a good med for you.

Take care.

SilentNinja

thanks for the reply guys but sorry im not going back on medication or going back to my psych. ive have been speaking to psychs since i was 18 im 28 now and nothing has helped me. you know even when im sitting in silence there is still so much noise, i wish people would leave me alone and never speak to me. I only enjoy talking to people online.

No one can make you go to the doctors hun if and when you have had enough of being ill you will go yourself. You are 28 and you know that without help things will not change for you the noise will not go away. I too like talking on line i don't like talking to people in public because they always ask to much of me. I do hope that in time you will see hun that living isolated is not the way hun. It only makes things worse hun hugs

AmZ

Don't give up SN.

I'm 27 and have been self-harming since I was 13 years ago and even though our stories are a bit different, I'm doing all I can to make sure I cover all avenues before I'm saying that I'm giving up.

Maybe there are some meds you haven't tried which your doctor can recommend to you? Are you sure you're not going back to your doc? I think it'd be a real shame if you didn't.

Feel good.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.