More threads by J PTSD

J PTSD

Due to having an mental illness, do you ever feel you are thinking in another language or speaking in another language?
I do. I think this contributes to my inability to make friends or keep friends.

I know that lots of people with depression and other mental illnesses feel disconnected from others, but I think there are people without these problems that feel different and disconnected as well.

But maybe feeling disconnected isn't exactly the same thing as what you're talking about?

feel misuderstood feel people are just not getting what is being said i know i see things differently then others but that is what makes one unique
disconnected very much so i think when one has been through all the past stuff one feel safer to be that way.

When that feeling comes to me, I just remember a song Robert Palmer wrote - one line which says: "It takes every kind of people, to make the world go 'round . . ."

adaptive1

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Yes, I feel that way too, that things are different when you have a "mental disorder" than they are for other people that might not have this, there are unique challenges that other people dont have to go through the way I see it and sometimes that frustrates me. I am not saying it is worse, it is just different.

However, a psychologist told me once that everyone has got something and that it just isn't apparent to us, the more I get to know more people, the more I think he was right . Now I just try to be aware of the work I must do to keep myself feeling 'normal', sometimes I resent that I have to do these things but at least if I have some strategies that work for dealing with the symptoms than it is certainly worth the work and the effort.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.