More threads by Ashley-Kate

Well I have not been online in a very long time, so much is going on right now. I started a program in out-patient as i wait to have a spot in a day program that would be from 9 am to 7 pm at a hospital here in Montreal for my eating disorder.

I am not doing very well in the mean time i am starting therapy next week with a nutritionist and already have a psychologist that i see every 2 weeks and a psychiatrist i see every month she is really kind. I may be starting a medication soon i am not sure i am ready for it but something is telling me that it may be the only thing i have not tried to get better so i think it is time to try something new to make it a bit easier to get through this.

I am doing better in my life though i am moved out from my old apartment and into my new one at work everything is good as well i am working a lot and i have started training at a gym where i am dating one of the trainers. he's really nice he is not yet aware of my eating disorder but has asked questions so i think he knows but is waiting for me to come clean.

I just feel like i am stuck in this whole thing i hope the treatment works but i will only start the more intensive program in a couple of months there is a waiting list that is very long.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Good to see you back, Ashley. Things do seem to be turning around a bit for you.

You're a living example of "Fall down 7 times; get up 8 times". Keep plugging away and you'll get there. :up:

Hi Ashley,
I am delighted to see you, :hug: You have been in my thoughts recently and now i am reading a really positive update. :) Thanks for coming back and letting us know where you are at.
I hope once you are on the medication that it will work for you and help you in your efforts to get well. It is a big step for you and one I think\hope will prove to be beneficial to you.

will you keep us updated?? (esp about your new b/f :) :) ).

i started the meds today, celexa... we voted for the med that had no head ache reported seeings how i have a history of migraines. the psychiatrist is looking into trying to get my spot in the day program closer she also is going to see me every 2 weeks as well as make sure my therapist sees me once a week and i see the nutritionist for the first time next week i will see with her how often i need her. I am really sleepy at the moment i guess its the meds but it may just be lack of sleep. anyway thats whats going on.
bye for now

Hi Ashley
From reading your post it would seem to me that your psychiatrist really cares, so often with psychiatrists its just a case of seeing a person for ten minutes, script and then wait till next month again. Its great that she wants to help make things easier for you by (hopefully) arranging for all your support systems to see you sooner and more often. I am so glad you found one that really shows she cares. :)

By now I hope you have slept for a few hours and slept well. Sleep is good!!. :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.