More threads by Banned

Banned

Banned
Just curious how many of us are following the Olympics, or do you prefer the winter Olympics? The only summer sport I follow is gymnastics but admittedly I haven't tuned in at this point.

Retired

My favorite Summer Olympic Event: Solo Synchronized Swimming

I had mixed feelings about the opening ceremonies, what with the obtuse introductory performances, and the mixed media presentations alternating between urban family soap staged opera and live choreography.

The industrial revolution performance was interesting, as was the NHS performance. Some of the music performers lacked the class and stature to perform at an international event; and I still wonder about Paul McCartney's feigned enthusiasm to motivate the crowd.

The highlight was watching Evelyn Glennie leading the percussion performances. She's always a favorite of mine and I truly enjoy her music.

It looked as though the parachute jump from the helicopter by the Queen evidently upset her stomach , because the entire evening, her facial expressions reminded me of someone troubled with Gastroesophageal reflux. Someone should have offered her an Alka Seltzer.

Steve

Banned

Banned
Isnt "solo synchronized" an oxymoron :confused:.

Did the Queen really jump out of a helicopter? I haven't watched anything this year. I've been hanging out each evening with Drs. Sheldon Cooper and Leonard Hofstadter.

My parents are really into it so I've seen some of the cycling, rowing, and swimming events and plenty of swimming repeats. And the end of Aust's women's hockey team losing to New Zealand :hmm: :facepalm:

MWCT

Account Closed
I have been watching the Olympics all week catching something different each day with the kids. The kids love it. Mostly swimming, gymnastics, but some rowing and cycling too.

The opening ceremonies were a bit odd - not as exciting as China's drumming sequence. And I agree - the Queen could have smiled a bit - instead she seemed bored by the whole thing and had a puss on her face :lol:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.