More threads by sister-ray

My aniexty level is high, had problems with my neighbours involving rights of access regarding repairs and also a fire exit which he had put a lock on and not give me or the other neighbour a key too, I have reported him to my landlord (the local council) and also the fire dept and I have just written him a letter outlining my concerns, I felt better for writing the letter but fear it may cause issues later when he gets home, so aniexty level up, worrying cant settle, at times like these I just wish people would leave me be and not cause these problems that then make my health worse, I feel sick and havent eaten much, i'm going to go and try and calm down but finding it hard..

My aniexty level is high, had problems with my neighbours involving rights of access regarding repairs and also a fire exit which he had put a lock on and not give me or the other neighbour a key too, I have reported him to my landlord (the local council) and also the fire dept and I have just written him a letter outlining my concerns, I felt better for writing the letter but fear it may cause issues later when he gets home, so aniexty level up, worrying cant settle, at times like these I just wish people would leave me be and not cause these problems that then make my health worse, I feel sick and havent eaten much, i'm going to go and try and calm down but finding it hard..

ThatLady

Sounds like you really don't like confrontations. Neither do I, hon. I don't think anybody does. However, sometimes it's necessary to let others know that they're treading on our tails. It's possible they didn't think things through and don't realize they're causing problems for others. The only way to be sure they know is to tell them ourselves. If your neighbor decides to make a jackass of himself over the incident instead of taking action to rectify the problem, it doesn't reflect on you. It reflects on him.

You've done what any thinking person would do. You've let your neighbor know that he's restricting your rights by doing what he's doing. It's up to him to make it right. You're in the right already. ;-)

ThatLady

Sounds like you really don't like confrontations. Neither do I, hon. I don't think anybody does. However, sometimes it's necessary to let others know that they're treading on our tails. It's possible they didn't think things through and don't realize they're causing problems for others. The only way to be sure they know is to tell them ourselves. If your neighbor decides to make a jackass of himself over the incident instead of taking action to rectify the problem, it doesn't reflect on you. It reflects on him.

You've done what any thinking person would do. You've let your neighbor know that he's restricting your rights by doing what he's doing. It's up to him to make it right. You're in the right already. ;-)

jkb

I totally agree with ThatLady. You have done all you can and you can't do more then that.

I to hate confrontations of any kind so I can relate to you. Yet you should be proud of yourself. You took that step to get things rectified, and with anxiety etc sometimes its not so easy to do these 'things'.

Hang in there and I hope you find some peace tonight/today.

((hugs))
Jen

jkb

I totally agree with ThatLady. You have done all you can and you can't do more then that.

I to hate confrontations of any kind so I can relate to you. Yet you should be proud of yourself. You took that step to get things rectified, and with anxiety etc sometimes its not so easy to do these 'things'.

Hang in there and I hope you find some peace tonight/today.

((hugs))
Jen

Thank you Thatlady and JKB for your replys and words of support. The good news is my nneighbour has written to me this morning, apologising, admitting he was in the wrong and telling me what he is going to do to resolve the matter. Im glad its a happy ending!

I do hate confrontations, I think because I've had so many in my life, I feel like I deserve a rest from it now.

Thank you Thatlady and JKB for your replys and words of support. The good news is my nneighbour has written to me this morning, apologising, admitting he was in the wrong and telling me what he is going to do to resolve the matter. Im glad its a happy ending!

I do hate confrontations, I think because I've had so many in my life, I feel like I deserve a rest from it now.

ThatLady

That's great, hon! I'm glad you heard from your neighbor and that the whole incident has turned out so well. :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.