More threads by vsusanmoon

i got my fottune told a while ago and the teller told me that i will not be success ful or something. I did this for fun and exitment and i didn't think that i would get some bad news like this but it did .when my mom got her fortune told something in her life the teller said was true. And that scared me and hurt me so much because if her fortune was true about that ....that must mean i going to have bad fortune and will not be succes ful. I really want to be succesful so bad and to have someone crush ur dreams like that hurts me so my espeically my self esteem to do good in school and everyting and now i feel totally worthless about my fututre. Someone help me

i got my fottune told a while ago and the teller told me that i will not be success ful or something. I did this for fun and exitment and i didn't think that i would get some bad news like this but it did .when my mom got her fortune told something in her life the teller said was true. And that scared me and hurt me so much because if her fortune was true about that ....that must mean i going to have bad fortune and will not be succes ful. I really want to be succesful so bad and to have someone crush ur dreams like that hurts me so my espeically my self esteem to do good in school and everyting and now i feel totally worthless about my fututre. Someone help me

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Stop worrying about it.

Nobody really has the ability to predict the future. The reason these people remain in business is because they generally "predict things" that are so vague they can't help but "come true" sooner or later.

So let's say that I predict that you will have bad luck: That could simply mean that tomorrow you will drop a plate of food on the floor and have to clean it up and waste the food. Then I get to say, "See? I was right. I can predict the future." But of course it all depends on how you define "bad luck" -- it could mean anything and if you wait long enough surely something you can label "good luck will happen" and something you will label "bad luck" will also happen.

It's how horoscopes work: If what you say is general enough, it will fit some combination of a person somewhere and a set of circumstances somewhere at some time -- it's impossible to be wrong about such predictions but it also doesn't really mean anything.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Stop worrying about it.

Nobody really has the ability to predict the future. The reason these people remain in business is because they generally "predict things" that are so vague they can't help but "come true" sooner or later.

So let's say that I predict that you will have bad luck: That could simply mean that tomorrow you will drop a plate of food on the floor and have to clean it up and waste the food. Then I get to say, "See? I was right. I can predict the future." But of course it all depends on how you define "bad luck" -- it could mean anything and if you wait long enough surely something you can label "good luck will happen" and something you will label "bad luck" will also happen.

It's how horoscopes work: If what you say is general enough, it will fit some combination of a person somewhere and a set of circumstances somewhere at some time -- it's impossible to be wrong about such predictions but it also doesn't really mean anything.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.