More threads by HA

HA

When attending the Family Matters conference in Niagra Falls ON, we were introduced to a stand up comedian who teaches others how to do stand up comedy dealing with mental illness. The people he taught and had present in the short time of the conference were just terrific. Here is a newsletter and information from David Granirer.

To join David Granirer's ezine mailing list,
please go to: PsychoComic.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Thank you.

Get More Laughter In Your Life!
David Granirer - North America's “Psycho” Therapist/Stand-Up Comic
Volume 6, Issue 5
PsychoComic.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Please help us grow by forwarding this ezine on to others!

In This Issue

1. Welcome from the publisher
2. Joke
3. Survival of the Funniest
4. An Opportunity To Help

Privacy Statement: We will not distribute your email address to anyone. Period

Stand Up For Mental Health 2005 Class Comedy Showcase DVD

Stand Up For Mental Health teaches people with mental illness to take control by turning their problems into comedy. Their show looks at the lighter side of taking meds, seeing counselors, getting diagnosed and surviving the mental health system.

This 90 minute DVD features the 2005 class along with MC Vicki Gabereau. It’s great to play at a support group or educational meeting. It spreads a message of hope and empowerment and is a great way to fight public stigma around mental illness.

By doing stand up comedy, something that most so-called “normal” people would never want to attempt, the Stand Up For Mental Health comics demonstrate what people with mental illness are capable of. People with mental illness are always being told what they can’t do. In this show, they get to prove what they CAN do!

Cost is $29.95 plus tax and shipping. To order (604) 205-9242 david@standupformentalhealth.com Mental Health Comedian, Stand Up Comedy Stand Up For Mental Health

2. This Month’s Joke

To help you lighten up, I’ve decided to start every issue with a joke. If anyone has some good clean jokes that are reasonably short, feel free to email them to me at david@psychocomic.com

Eufemia Fantetti, one of the Vancouver Stand Up For Mental Health comics contributed this month’s joke:

I’ve had to change my coping skills as I get older. When I was a kid, people used to think it was cute when I pulled my dress over my head. Now they just think I’m desperate and needy.

Make Your Next Presentation a Hit!
Get my How to Captivate Your Audience with Stand-Up Comedy e-book for speakers and presenters. Now available for only $19.95 US. Check it out at PsychoComic.com is for sale | HugeDomains

We’ve all heard of survival of the fittest, but what about survival of the funniest?

In a study of depressed and suicidal senior citizens, the patients who recovered were the ones who demonstrated a sense of humor, reports psychiatrist Joseph Richman, M.D., professor emeritus at Albert Einstein Medical Center in the Bronx, New York.

And it makes sense. Way back when we were in the jungle, our survival depended on being able to outrun or outfight predators. However, at this point in our evolution, most of us don’t have to worry about being ambushed by a hord of angry attackers - unless we enter politics!

The challenges we face today have more to with stress and mental health. And for this phase of our evolution, humor seems to be one of the key skills.

According to Lisa Rosenberg, Ph.D., R.N., an expert on morbid humor at Chicago's Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, humor instills courage as jokesters conquer their fears by poking fun at what bothers them. In fact, at least half of the experienced emergency personnel she surveyed believed that coworkers who didn’t joke around seemed touchier, more high-strung, and more likely to burn out.

To survive in our era of change and uncertainty, the research indicates that we need to joke around. Taking those extra few minutes to exchange humorous anecdotes with friends and colleagues can really make a difference. Rather than look upon these interactions as a waste of time, we need to acknowledge their therapeutic value. Our evolution depends on it!

Free Articles for Your Newsletter
If you would like to print one of my articles on humor in the workplace in your organization’s newsletter free of charge, email me at david@psychocomic.com and I’ll send you a complete summary of all the articles I’ve written.

For other free articles about laughter go to
http://www.psychocomic.com/Articles.htm

For free back issues of this ezine go to
http://www.psychocomic.com/Newsletter.htm

4. A Chance to Help

If anyone has a good cause they’d like to promote please email me at david@psychocomic.com

David Granirer gives laughter in the workplace presentations helping
hundreds of organizations throughout North America reduce stress,
increase wellness, and cope with change. For more information on his
presentations, stand-up comedy, products, and articles call
(604) 205-9242 or go to PsychoComic.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Thank you.

HA

When attending the Family Matters conference in Niagra Falls ON, we were introduced to a stand up comedian who teaches others how to do stand up comedy dealing with mental illness. The people he taught and had present in the short time of the conference were just terrific. Here is a newsletter and information from David Granirer.

To join David Granirer's ezine mailing list,
please go to: PsychoComic.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Thank you.

Get More Laughter In Your Life!
David Granirer - North America's “Psycho” Therapist/Stand-Up Comic
Volume 6, Issue 5

Please help us grow by forwarding this ezine on to others!

In This Issue

2. Joke
4. An Opportunity To Help

Privacy Statement: We will not distribute your email address to anyone. Period

Stand Up For Mental Health 2005 Class Comedy Showcase DVD

Stand Up For Mental Health teaches people with mental illness to take control by turning their problems into comedy. Their show looks at the lighter side of taking meds, seeing counselors, getting diagnosed and surviving the mental health system.

This 90 minute DVD features the 2005 class along with MC Vicki Gabereau. It’s great to play at a support group or educational meeting. It spreads a message of hope and empowerment and is a great way to fight public stigma around mental illness.

By doing stand up comedy, something that most so-called “normal” people would never want to attempt, the Stand Up For Mental Health comics demonstrate what people with mental illness are capable of. People with mental illness are always being told what they can’t do. In this show, they get to prove what they CAN do!

Cost is $29.95 plus tax and shipping. To order (604) 205-9242 david@standupformentalhealth.com Mental Health Comedian, Stand Up Comedy Stand Up For Mental Health

2. This Month’s Joke

To help you lighten up, I’ve decided to start every issue with a joke. If anyone has some good clean jokes that are reasonably short, feel free to email them to me at david@psychocomic.com

Eufemia Fantetti, one of the Vancouver Stand Up For Mental Health comics contributed this month’s joke:

I’ve had to change my coping skills as I get older. When I was a kid, people used to think it was cute when I pulled my dress over my head. Now they just think I’m desperate and needy.

Make Your Next Presentation a Hit!
Get my How to Captivate Your Audience with Stand-Up Comedy e-book for speakers and presenters. Now available for only $19.95 US. Check it out at HugeDomains.com

We’ve all heard of survival of the fittest, but what about survival of the funniest?

In a study of depressed and suicidal senior citizens, the patients who recovered were the ones who demonstrated a sense of humor, reports psychiatrist Joseph Richman, M.D., professor emeritus at Albert Einstein Medical Center in the Bronx, New York.

And it makes sense. Way back when we were in the jungle, our survival depended on being able to outrun or outfight predators. However, at this point in our evolution, most of us don’t have to worry about being ambushed by a hord of angry attackers - unless we enter politics!

The challenges we face today have more to with stress and mental health. And for this phase of our evolution, humor seems to be one of the key skills.

According to Lisa Rosenberg, Ph.D., R.N., an expert on morbid humor at Chicago's Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, humor instills courage as jokesters conquer their fears by poking fun at what bothers them. In fact, at least half of the experienced emergency personnel she surveyed believed that coworkers who didn’t joke around seemed touchier, more high-strung, and more likely to burn out.

To survive in our era of change and uncertainty, the research indicates that we need to joke around. Taking those extra few minutes to exchange humorous anecdotes with friends and colleagues can really make a difference. Rather than look upon these interactions as a waste of time, we need to acknowledge their therapeutic value. Our evolution depends on it!

Free Articles for Your Newsletter
If you would like to print one of my articles on humor in the workplace in your organization’s newsletter free of charge, email me at david@psychocomic.com and I’ll send you a complete summary of all the articles I’ve written.

For other free articles about laughter go to

For free back issues of this ezine go to
HugeDomains.com

4. A Chance to Help

If anyone has a good cause they’d like to promote please email me at david@psychocomic.com

David Granirer gives laughter in the workplace presentations helping
hundreds of organizations throughout North America reduce stress,
increase wellness, and cope with change. For more information on his
presentations, stand-up comedy, products, and articles call
(604) 205-9242 or go to PsychoComic.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Thank you.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.