More threads by sun_after_the_rain

Andy

MVP
Morning, before breakfast. I think once or twice a week is normal. I am not positive, I don't know what normal is with this stuff.
I do know your not suppose to weigh daily, I do and don't have a problem with it. bagh, like I said what's normal anyway.:eek:

SilentNinja

my judo coach used to say weigh yourself in the morning when your at your lightest, but only weight yourself once a week, i think because your weight does slighty go up and down alot and it can make you think you arnt getting anywhere if you keep checking it everyday, im not sure i just thought id say what i my coach told me! :)

Retired

I believe our body weight would be at its lowest "dry weight" in the morning, after waking, before breakfast, after all bodily eliminations have been completed. Checking weight two or three times a week would seem to make sense, not ot become overly focused on weight.

Following a recent weight loss experience, recommended by my physician in preparation for surgery, I found it took about two weeks to notice a change in weight, then a very gradual drop, a plateau during which there was no change then a drop to the target weight. The whole process of losing 2-3 pounds per week, following a specific diet provided by the nutritionist took about six to eight weeks.

mook

I use Fitday to chart my weight lost. Doing that, it becomes pretty obvious that it varies as much as 5 pounds depending on time of day. I do it every day, and if the weight goes up or down a lot on one day I don't get excited because I can see the variation. The chart trend is what really matters. (And for me it's 11lbs lost in a month!)

Retired

it becomes pretty obvious that it varies as much as 5 pounds depending on time of day

Exactly, because if you have eaten, drunk some water or have not voided your bladded, water weighs 2.2 Lbs 1. Kg per liter or 8.3 Lbs per gallon. It's easy to see how there can be a 5 Lb variation throughout the day if one has not gone to the bathroom, and has had a couple of glasses of water or a meal.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.