More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Body Detoxification Is A Hoax
by Dr. Rob, Musings of a Distractible Mind
April 2, 2009

Let me reassure you:

1. Your body is not ?full of toxins.? When it is, your liver and kidneys are designed to handle those ?toxins? and will do so far better than anything someone tries to sell you.
  2. Diets only work when they restrict calories.
  3. Your colon is fine and does not deserve to be regularly ?cleansed.? Colonics have been around since the early 1900?s (maybe earlier) and the fact that they are still being used is only evidence of the gullibility of humans.
  4. Never trust something that claims to ?strengthen the immune system.? It is an impossible claim to prove or disprove, and so is made with impunity.
  5. Look for the word ?supports.? Phrases such as ?supports prostate health? or ?supports a healthy immune system? are big signs that you are being BS?d.
  6. I never give patients medicines I would not take myself in the same circumstance. I know no doctors who do. It is fine to say ?why do I need this medicine?? or ?Is this medication really necessary?? but to ask ?is it safe?? or ?doesn?t this destroy the liver?? is kind of insulting.
  7. I guarantee that any plan like this one will cause significant weight loss?in your wallet.
Sorry. Had to rant about this. People believe many dumb things and will until the world?s end. I feel bad for the people brought in by this and am angered at the hucksters that are fattening their wallets and misleading the uninformed.

Andy

MVP
Another money making hoax! People will buy anything that does that miracle cure for their own problem if it's fast and easy.

I honestly have to say that I do a "cleanse" once in awhile but it is just one-three days, which ever suits you best.

I myself have purchased a month long detox product before.
After my experience with that I will never buy one again.
They are quite dangerous. Especially if you are someone like myself and on medications. Embarrassingly, I never even thought to ask when I bought it (I'm a little daft) if it would be flushing out my meds and the product I bought did not have any bold warnings.
I slowly started feeling sick to my stomach. I assumed it was just the "toxins" coming out of my body. It was, but I needed those certain toxins.

I went in that store again, and actually asked a different lady if I should stay away from the same product if I was on medications and she gave me half of the two containers your suppose to use and told me to start out with just the one and see.

My point of this whole babble is to say first of all don't be daft like me and always try to remember to ask your doctor about anything. I think because it was from a naturopathic store I just automatically thought no big deal. When I stop to think about it I do know better. Secondly, even if the staff at the store tell you it will be fine most of them have no idea, there trying to make sales.

Always ask your Doctor!

Atlantean

I Have to say I disagree based on personal experience, but I guess it depends on what types of cleansers you are referring to. I used Colonix and was amazed at what came out of my body. I would go into detail, but it would be snipped out for grossness, lol.

I dont know about the liver.kidney/blood cleansers, and Id never have a colonic in a million years, but I do believe that colonix which is based on herbs, fiber, and a special tea works excellently.

Sorry to be the oddball out on this. :-(

Jackie

Drinking lots of water, green tea, and cranberry juice and eating lots of fruit does the trick for me:) I sometimes do this for a couple of days just to flush my system out. I personally don't agree with these expensive products. I think you can cleanse your system without them and not cleanse your purse at the same time:D

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.