More threads by Halo

Halo

Online Mental Health Checkup Expanded

Apr 20, 2007 04:30 AM

Check Up From the Neck Up, the campaign to let people take control of their mental health, is going Ontario-wide.

The checkup, private and self-administered online at checkupfromtheneckup.ca, received almost 2 million hits by last fall, after organizers asked 300,000 people in the GTA to participate.

Advocate Margaret Trudeau and musician Amy Sky will speak at the campaign's formal launch May 2.

"Too many Ontarians suffer needlessly from mental illness or its stigma and the Mood Disorders Association is here to help Ontarians get the help they need," says Ontario Lieutenant Governor James K. Bartleman. As part of the Ontario wide-push, the Ontario Psychological Association has members willing to see people within two weeks and on a sliding payment scale or at cost during the campaign.

The majority of all health care professionals who responded to a survey after the project had heard of the campaign: 72.8 per cent of doctors, 100 per cent of psychologists and 84.6 per cent of other professionals in the GTA area. The majority of all health care professionals reported receiving campaign materials.

"We are determined to have a significant impact on the mental health of all Canadians, starting with those who live in Ontario," says Karen Liberman, executive director of the Mood Disorders Association.

Similar threads

Nancy, That test told me that I had a high probability that I was currently experiencing GAD too. Then it said there was a low probability that I was experiencing a mania. Then it said, you have no markers for (the other conditions). It was interesting. I went to the therapist today but I forgot to ask about it (although maybe it wouldn't matter anyway in terms of treatment?). I love taking online tests like that though! Nancy, that's a good point about the possible effects of over...
Replies
Views
Google: key tools to protect yourself online by Stephan Micklitz, Director of Engineering , Official Google Blog February 6, 2018 Tailored for you: the new Security Checkup We recently rolled out a new version of our Security Checkup, which now provides personalized guidance to help you improve the security of your account. Instead of the same checklist for everyone, the Security Checkup is now a tailored guide to securing your data—your own personal security advisor...
Replies
Views
7 Signs You Might Need a Mental Health Checkup By LAURA L. SMITH, PH.D. Everyone has bad days. And many have bad weeks. But when feeling depressed, stressed, or anxious stretches out over a period of several weeks and begins to interfere with daily life, then mental health professionals may need to be involved. Here are some signs that you or someone you care about need evaluation and possibly treatment: 1. Suicidal thoughts or plans. If you start thinking that life is not worth living...
Replies
Views
The Relationship Checkup by lisakift November 18, 2008 Most adults engage in long-term relationships, including marriage and other committed partnerships. Nearly everyone experiences difficulties in their marriage or committed relationship from time to time, but some people seem more prepared to anticipate these hard times and respond to them more skillfully than others. What personal qualities, attitudes and behaviors help these seemingly more skilled people out? According to...
Replies
Views
No it's okay, I do that sort of thing all the time. I'm 40 years old so I don't think it was a "senior moment" although maybe I can just wait a while so I can attribute it to that. In your case it was probably more attributed to the fact that you're really intelligent and you know lots of technical terms, and you were thinking Zomig is what causes the vessels to shrink, and at the same time you were thinking about what a migraine is and therefore when you were writing you combined the two...
Replies
Views