More threads by Kristi

Kristi

Im not sure if this is the place to post this(Im new here lol). Im wondering if the side effects Im having are normal. Im feeling drowzy for about 2 hrs after I take my pill along with that I get an upset stomach which even zantac or pepto doesnt touch. I havent had anything bad as far as size effects though. As for the Lorazepam Im only to take it when my insomnia bothers me or I have an anxiety attack n so far no reactions to it. Thanks in advance for the help!

AmZ

Re: Ciraplex & Lorazepam

Welcome to the forum :)

Have you been in touch with your doctor to report these side effects?

Retired

Re: Ciraplex & Lorazepam

Welcome Christi! Tanks for joining us.

Since how long are you taking Cipralex and lorazepam (Ativan) and what are the dosages of each?

Is the lorazepam an oral tablet (swallow with water) or have you been prescribed the sublingual version known as Ativan Sublingual?

I get an upset stomach

Do you mean nausea and vomiting, heartburn, acid reflux or other?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Kristi, the symptoms you describe are not uncommon with Cipralex. For many people just starting the medication, they diminish and disappear after 2-4 weeks, although they may reappear if the dose is increased.

If you have been on the same dose of Cipralex for more than a few weeks, and you're still experiencing these side-effects without any evidence that they are becoming less severe, speak to your doctor about trying something different.

Banned

Banned
Kristi I take Cipralex and have found taking it at night just before bed works better for me because it makes me a bit drowsy and therefore helps with my insomnia too. Not sure when you take it but that might be an option as well.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.