More threads by SilentNinja

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentNinja

I just got my new meds today and im really really worrying something will happen if i take it, never in my life.. have i took any medicines, not even for the cold or sore head, so it makes me worry more that taking this will make something bad happen to me, its called Cipramil and its in drops because i was scared to swallow pills, i looked it up and reading all this bad stuff about it, is anyone else take this med? Is it really really safe? I havnt started taking it yet im supposed to today.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Cipramil (citalopram) is marketed as Celexa in Canada and the US (and Seropram in some locations). It's a medication that has been taken by probably millions of people worldwide.

It won't do anything bad to you and it won't make anything bad happen to you.

There may be some initial adaptation effects (side effects occurring over the first few days as your body adapts to having the drug in your system), the most common of which are a bit of nausea which should go away within a few days to a week, and a bit of lightheadedness which again should go away within a few days. Drty mouth and sleepiness are other side-effects. Many people experience no side effects at all.

If you do get side-effects and any of these persist beyond 5 to 7 days, talk to your doctor about changing to a different medication in the same family.

Status
Not open for further replies.