More threads by Retired

Retired

Cipralex
Cipralex is an Allosteric Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (ASRI) with a unique Serotonin Dual-Action. This is a technical way of describing that this medication has a mode of action in two separate ways on serotonin receptors.

The manufacturer provides a wonderful description of this medication as well as a visual representation of its mode of action for those who are interested in a clearer understanding of the brain chemistry of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors {SSRI} anti depressants.

http://www.cipralex.com/

Mode of Action Visualization

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar threads

Cipramil (citalopram) is marketed as Celexa in Canada and the US (and Seropram in some locations). It's a medication that has been taken by probably millions of people worldwide. It won't do anything bad to you and it won't make anything bad happen to you. There may be some initial adaptation effects (side effects occurring over the first few days as your body adapts to having the drug in your system), the most common of which are a bit of nausea which should go away within a few days to...
Replies
Views
I've only been on SSRI medication for a few months now. I had a good dialogue with my doctor and after I went through CBT he suggested Cipralex, so I've been taking 10mg daily since September. He is normally pretty conservative about giving people prescriptions so the fact that he wrote me one indicates to me that we have a trustworthy relationship and he has confidence in my intelligence and honestly, which makes me pretty glad. I haven't had any huge, life-altering experiences because of...
Replies
Views
That's fair, and I agree. I'll get over those obstacles, and I have a good circle of support around me. The written notes is a good suggestion, I think I'll do just that.
Replies
Views
Kristi I take Cipralex and have found taking it at night just before bed works better for me because it makes me a bit drowsy and therefore helps with my insomnia too. Not sure when you take it but that might be an option as well.
Replies
Views
Man, I'm getting discouraged waiting for the Zoloft to start helping. After the cipralex I thought I'd be basically picking up where the cipralex left me which was no to mild depression with some anxiety and difficulty sleeping. It's like I'm starting all over. I've been at 150 mg for 2 weeks after building up from 50 and 100 and tapering off the cipralex. My pdoc (filling in for my regular) felt it would be another 2 weeks before I get relief. I've had ssome good days and actually made...
Replies
Views