More threads by CarlaMarie

CarlaMarie

I'm cleaning and actually staying on task and focusing. I actually like cleaning but I don't know what to do with my brain. I get so bored. I get bored with music. Then I get in these super long monolouges in my head that I give myself a headache. No wonder I put off the big tasks becouse I can't get through the whole thing without getting bored. Help! I am driving myself nuts.

Yuray

If you are still unsettled after your therapeutic cleaning, please allow me to help you by offering my house as part of your cleaning therapy:)

AmZ

Hmm... I was going to suggest perhaps listening to the radio (does the radio still exist!?), like a discussion/call in program type thing. Then you can talk back to the presenter/callers whilst you clean away! But maybe it's a bit distracting?

I never got in to them myself but you can get lots off free audio-books online also to listen to. There are tons of different genres to choose from like fiction, poetry, short stones and lots more.

Or maybe if you like stand-up/comedy you can listen to that on YouTube probably. Loads quickly and 10 minute videos each at least.

:)

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

If you are still unsettled after your therapeutic cleaning, please allow me to help you by offering my house as part of your cleaning therapy:)

DITTO!!

I have a 25sq foot apartment (!) and still don't manage to keep of top of things sometimes!

AmZ

That's 6 feet by 4 feet, or 12 feet by 2 feet....is that right?

Crud crud crud lol. Math and English are really not good subjects for me today!

Err, 25sq metres... Does that make more sense!? I did type that wrong before. Scrap the feet and put n the metres! Or should that be metri!?!? Joke :rofl:
AmZ is one confused little thing.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Haha... couldn't get any funnier...

meters vs metres

I think I should be safe with this one seeing that I am 'English-English'!

CarlaMarie

:wacko:I would love 25 sq foot. I had a 13, 000 sg ft home for a family of five once upon a time and it was perfect for me to keep up with. Now we are "living the dream" in 35,000 sq. ft and it kills me to keep up with. I am not suzie f*&@ING home maker .I suck at it. I don't know how Suzie does it or how they do it at the Jones house. Their house always seems imaculate. I haven't even gotten mine decorated yet (it's been 7 years). Omg!

I guess you could call my cleaning theraputic Yuray. I certainly can write an essay on my neurosis now after thinking about my problems while I am cleaning. The problem is I don't know what neurotic behavior to begin with. Might be perfection, maybe??

I have to be able to move about my home freely so I have to be able to upload stuff to my ipod thing and I like free stuff... good idea about a book and the radio.

Sometimes I also need to download all the crap that is in my head too. Sometimes I am amazed how my mind just goes and goes. I doesn't stop.

AmZ maybe we ought to trade lives I could enjoy time alone in a small space and you could be here with people CONSTANLY and no alone time always something to do (even if it is boring).

I had a 13, 000 sg ft home for a family of five once upon a time and it was perfect for me to keep up with. Now we are "living the dream" in 35,000 sq. ft and it kills me to keep up with.
Wow!!!! Those are HUGE homes. Wow. That is a lot to keep up with.

AmZ

35,000 sq. ft

Whaaaa!? That's like the size of the country I live in! (OK, slight overstatement I know, but still!)

My apartment is a compact one oh yes. But I'm in the city center and renting. Even outside the city you don't get much for your money. It's a nice area I live in though. Lots of interesting old architecture and old narrow streets. Here...

nacna.jpg

That certainly sounds like one BIG job CM! Good for you for all of your hard work!

Oh CM, tell me about that mind thing. I need a remote control for my mind or something! Ideally to change the channel but I'd put up with just volume control for now! 1.30am now and the cogs are still not slowing down in my head.

It looks like you have too much to do whilst I have too little :p We gotta make some compromise here!

So, any luck with finding something to help you along with your cleaning? I just thought that we are actually being a bad distraction to you by replying!
OK, shhhhhh. :)

CarlaMarie

I'm pretty sure that should be 1300 sq ft and 3500 sq ft.
:rofl:Thank goodness I leave the math up to him or we would be in 13 13 sq. ft.

We live in a modest house compared to many. Cost of living is good here and housing is cheap especially compared to either coast. Many of our neighbors move on to the "big" houses. I'm like no way see ya. I don't want to clean it or manage it or try to find my kids in it. Like I said before I'm not "Suzie" and my last name ain't "Jones". I don't know what the f*&k we were thinking we got three and a 1/2 bathrooms. A bunch of wasted space and wasted money. So I started thinking while I was cleaning if we weren't wasting all this time and money what could we being doing with alll that.

The thought occured to me. It sure would be nice to be at the beach right now. I would love a vacation.

I still have two more freaken bathrooms and a bedroom to go. This is what happens when I put all the cleaning off till i can't stand it no more.:hissyfit:

AmZ

The thought occured to me. It sure would be nice to be at the beach right now. I would love a vacation.

I'm with you on that one! My 'place' I escape to when doing my breathing exercises is a beautiful tropical beach, white sands and a deep blue ocean in front of me. Beautiful.

Yuray

beautiful tropical beach, white sands and a deep blue ocean in front of me. Beautiful.
There are many in here quite sensitive to this kind of statement. Care should be taken, especially with me.

There is huge snowstorm coming my way and my snowblower is in need of repair. I find myself wanting to call a travel agent thanks to your 'beautiful beach' statement:D
I will look upon the white snow as white sand:), with shovel in hand.

Yuray

I found this picture and was wondering if is CarlaMarie:rofl:

cleaning lady 2.jpg

Attachments

• cleaning lady.jpg
    cleaning lady.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

desiderata

I'd like to know what you come up with for a solution. As I sit here I have at least a dozen projects that are anywhere from 25%-90% completed. I too lose interest and move on to something else. Prioritizing is important but I gotta feel like doing something or else I don't give it my full effort.

AmZ

There are many in here quite sensitive to this kind of statement. Care should be taken, especially with me.

There is huge snowstorm coming my way and my snowblower is in need of repair. I find myself wanting to call a travel agent thanks to your 'beautiful beach' statement:D
I will look upon the white snow as white sand:), with shovel in hand.

Oopsy! Sorry.
But I like the snow-white-sand idea!

And if you end up going ahead with that travel agent idea... If there is room for me to sneak in your luggage or something, it would be much appreciated :p
I'm wearing my 3 layers of clothing listening to a thunderstorm outside right now :panic:

Yuray

lol Amz, that bit about 'sensitive statements' was part of the set up for the punch line of calling a travel agent.............bad joke, no, lousy joke:eek:

I would gladly fit you into my luggage, but am not sure you would prefer a luggage bag, or, if a coat pocket would be better. I know your apartment is 25sq. ft, so you must be quite tiny.:)

CarlaMarie

Yuray I am much prettier than she when I am cleaning.:rofl:

Yesterday we had 70 degrees tomorrow morning the ice storm begins. I hear the kids will be home from school.:clap: Wacky weather!

Who plays the lotto? So what islands are the best this time of year? I like it hot and dry not so humid.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.