More threads by weonlycomeoutatnight

Hi,
I'm 17 and i met my boyfriend on a blogging website, and we were friends for 2 months before we decided to date.

He's 19 He's really open with the fact that he has a mental illness and i'm very supportive and i am there for him anytime he needs to talk. He has Paranoid schizophrenia, and I have depression and mild schizophrenia so i kind of know what he's going through.
I know to give him space, and i constantly tell him that he never annoy's me and that i'm always going to love him no matter what.

But i just worry about my boyfriend because the July 4th he attempted to overdose on some pills, and the past to nights his paranoia has been to the point where he has to sleep in his mother's room.
I don't know if this if just normal for him but he sleeps for 16+ hours everyday. He also has other problems, he smokes both cigarettes and Marijuana. He's had a kidney infection from drinking.
Another thing that confused me is that he openly told me he was homosexual when i first met him and that he never wanted a girlfriend.
I love more than anyone, and he told me that I've changed his life a lot and that he stopped drinking as much.
I talk to him almost everyday on the phone.and i get to see him next week for the first time. because we're in a long distance relationship at the moment.
I know that we're both young and everything.

I just wanted advice on how to deal with the episodes of paranoia and how too support him.

Replies are really appreciated

HIs doctor has to help him hun get him to talk to his doctor you hun look after your illness ok

You can only encourage him to lay off the marijuana as this will only increase his psychotic episodes as well as drinking as it interfers with his psychotic meds

He needs to want to stay well and using substances will not help him to do so

I think you need to really concentrate on your health ok hun hugs

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.