More threads by David Baxter PhD

sunset

Just read your interview Dr Baxter. Very interesting!! I'll best Christmastime was a blast at your house with 12 siblings! lol!

Retired

It's a great interview, David with some good insights into forum management which I will share with my colleagues on the TSFC Forum.

I think one does build up some real friendships in online communities. I often wonder how well most of them would survive translation to the real world but I don't know the answer to that.

My experience has been positive in this respect, particularly with the RV Forum in which I have participated and moderated since the early 90's.

Many of us have formed long lasting and close friendships over the years from our contact on the Forum.

Perhaps the potential for successful offline relationships spawned by online contacts depends on the nature of the Forum.

Thank you for sharing this!

Benjamin

Interesting. I was hoping to hear something about your music. I play guitar, also -- a lot of blues and Grateful Dead type music.

ThatLady

I hadn't seen this thread before. That was really a great interview, and I really enjoyed the little sparks of humor from both you and the interviewer. All in all, a great read! :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.