• Quote of the Day
    "For most people, transformation is slow. It happens without you realizing it."
    Marsha Linehan, posted by Daniel

prayerbear

Hi! I am not working now, but I do admit I have quite a problem with my temper on the job! I really try to be kind and treat people right, but let me refresh you on what I have endured: When I was a child, I was molested and heavily controlled by my father. As I grew older, my sisters were both raped(by my father) and I had to help raise my half-sister, half niece.(Born out of incest!)
I was always terrified of being raped by my father(who is now in prison-thank God!) I was never raped by him but I avoid all physical contact with men, even though I am naturally physically attracted to men(I am a woman!) I am very scared of being raped( I dont date men!). I am also weirded out by the idea of any man trying to seduce me! (Many have tried, I just take off!)
When I feel like I cant take any more "guff" or mistreatment off of a coworker, or ever a manager, I literally explode! I am taking medication which helps, but I get this feeling like someone is literally trying to control me or take me over, and I get really upset!
My mom can stay at her job a long time because she doesnt have any mental illnesses, but I cant seem to control my emotions to funcion "properly" in a workplace?
Does this seem like Post-traumatic stress disorder?
I have also broken down and cried a lot on the job(every jog).
I am very sensitive to people trying to control me. I can only take so much off someone and after that I just totally flip out!
Are there a lot of people like this?
I am reading a book on Boundaries which helps a lot!
Please share your thoughts on this!

prayerbear

Hi! I am not working now, but I do admit I have quite a problem with my temper on the job! I really try to be kind and treat people right, but let me refresh you on what I have endured: When I was a child, I was molested and heavily controlled by my father. As I grew older, my sisters were both raped(by my father) and I had to help raise my half-sister, half niece.(Born out of incest!)
I was always terrified of being raped by my father(who is now in prison-thank God!) I was never raped by him but I avoid all physical contact with men, even though I am naturally physically attracted to men(I am a woman!) I am very scared of being raped( I dont date men!). I am also weirded out by the idea of any man trying to seduce me! (Many have tried, I just take off!)
When I feel like I cant take any more "guff" or mistreatment off of a coworker, or ever a manager, I literally explode! I am taking medication which helps, but I get this feeling like someone is literally trying to control me or take me over, and I get really upset!
My mom can stay at her job a long time because she doesnt have any mental illnesses, but I cant seem to control my emotions to funcion "properly" in a workplace?
Does this seem like Post-traumatic stress disorder?
I have also broken down and cried a lot on the job(every jog).
I am very sensitive to people trying to control me. I can only take so much off someone and after that I just totally flip out!
Are there a lot of people like this?
I am reading a book on Boundaries which helps a lot!
Please share your thoughts on this!

jojorae

It sounds like you are going through alot. I am sorry for you but think maybe you should seek therapy like maybe a group for sexual abuse. Trying to relate to others may infact help you to understand just what makes you tick and what your triggers may be. I go to a group myself for crimainal sexual assualt. It helps to talk to people who have gone through what I have. Good luck

jojorae

It sounds like you are going through alot. I am sorry for you but think maybe you should seek therapy like maybe a group for sexual abuse. Trying to relate to others may infact help you to understand just what makes you tick and what your triggers may be. I go to a group myself for crimainal sexual assualt. It helps to talk to people who have gone through what I have. Good luck

Top Bottom