More threads by Daniel E.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"When I notice thoughts of guilt and shame, I think I'm doing a pretty good job so far of just letting them go. They do no one any good and don't add anything to the world."

~ gandolfication

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Focus on what you have to be grateful for instead of the challenges, hardships, and disappointments you experience in your life."

~ David Baxter, PhD

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

How do you manage an entire audience of inner critics or as some people put it 'inner demons', collectively heckling you, telling you what a pathetic job you're doing and telling you what a waste of space you are, among other things? How do you develop a kind of entourage of inner supporters, cheering you on, telling you to ignore the lies and condemnation?

Among them perhaps there's the inner sage, director (that sets solid direction to follow, when self doubt threatens to take over), the clown with the lighthearted take on what can feel so depressing at times and so on. How to develop an inner cheer squad when no one's told you how to do it in a way that's completely relatable?

~ therising

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
At Nebulous' forum:

"It is significantly harder to make friends as an adult than in your youth due to yourself and others staying so busy and committed to their daily life duties. Also, unless you actually make the effort to get out and actively do things or work at a job with a lot of people then your social pool gets a lot smaller as you age it seems. You have so many possibilities for friendship in school due to the sheer amount of different types of people you're around, but as an adult, it seems that the social pool does indeed shrink."

~ Cory

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.