More threads by Vinton

Vinton

I'm diagnosed with bipolar II and ADHD.

Depression is my major problem but I could be depressed severely during the day and in the evening I feel much better and wont even think about it. Mornings are awful for me.

Yesterday I even felt like dying and had no hope and suddenly in one spark I'm playing poker in a tournament last night and felt like nothing was wrong, normal as can be..

Does this sound familiar?

Hi Vinton,
I have had this happen to me several times, in fact it's the thought and the waiting for the "spark" that makes the depressive episodes that little bit easier to handle ( at times ) .

Meggylou

Yes I've had many days like that. It is the effect of light over time throughout the day on me. Light has been said to have a strong effect on those with mood disorders, bipolar being one obviously.
I would recommend getting a full spectrum light, you can buy them specially for people with SAD, and set it on a timer, to turn on in the morning about an hour before your wake time. This will help you wake up feeling better. ALSO try taking some vitamin D at night...to help keep your levels up..this is purely therapeutic though, some people say it is effective, others not so it's your choice.

This sounds like rapid cycling bipolar II disorder. The mood fluctuates quickly and I have been reading alot about it! I am bipolar II also, but w/o the fluctuations. Are you taking any meds for this?(I had to have my lythium increased from 900-1200 mg to control hypomania and low moods!

Vinton

To both replies..

As for the light box, I have one but forgot about it till you mentionned it.For bipolar it has to be used early afternoon instead of mornings..

As for rapid cycling! I never thought about it as I'm not Psy.. Foy years I was on clonazepam only and 2 years ago my doc put me on 150 mgs of effexor and my neurologist (for MS) put me on mirapex for spasms which probably caused the crisis. After I was sent to the PsyDoc who added Epival. During that period I was diagnosed with ADHD..I tried a few meds but it brought too many tics.. After 1 month, I was suppose to be taken off epival and effexor to be replaced by lamictal and I had my appointment scheduled but he cancelled by the voice of his secretary. At the same time advised me that he was leaving and from that time on to see my GP. So I was left in the middle of the storm.

My GP is a good friend and I will have to do my research to be able to do the transition..

Of course, it is always best to seek a psychiatrist on this. My old doctor diagnosed the bipolar part and I would have never suspected this, actually I was in denial!

Also, I hate hypomania-am I the only one?

boi

Of course, it is always best to seek a psychiatrist on this. My old doctor diagnosed the bipolar part and I would have never suspected this, actually I was in denial!

Also, I hate hypomania-am I the only one?

I am bipolar II as well. Thats what I've been diagnosed with. When I get hypomanic I get really irritated and bitchy. I would rather that though then being down and depressed. I hate the depression part. Im on medication but I still tend to get down and then a little up. I'd rather alot up

Yeah, me too. I live with my mom and when I am hypomanic she hides on the other side of the house! Tonight she was hiding again until I took my lithium and Zoloft.She is relieved that I have been prescribed invega (normally for schizo), but I was feeling paranoid when I was high and I too was acting bitchy.

Has anyone tried invega?Do you like this drug?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.