More threads by GDPR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDPR

GDPR
I am really excited,yet at the same time,dreading the upcoming presidential debates.It's going to be like watching a trainwreck,I won't want to watch yet I won't be able to look away.

Anyone going to watch?

amazingmouse

Account Closed
As far as I am concerned, women in North America in general are not treated equally economically, socially, physically or in any other aspects more often than not. Tell me one thing: What has Hillary every done for women? Anything specific, other than herself running for POTUS as a role model, anything that she has done for US women? I can't think of anything, honestly. Planned parenthood, the Saudis buying influence and policy changes through her so called foundation, the intimidation and sexual harassment of women that her husband was involved with, creating "0" opportunities for low income women. She keeps talking about her childcare plans. Where were they in the last few decades? When I was in the US, childcare was so expensive that most immigrant and low income women had zero chance of entering the workforce. Bill was a disgrace as a man, who demonstrated that sexual harassment, abuse of women's rights is just fine, it is justified even at the highest levels of government administration, so it must be okay to do this just anywhere else. Hillary supported him. Honestly, these people have no integrity at all.
Trump has said some rude and inappropriate things about some women as well. But, his actions are not as bad as his words. He has not done anything that directly violates women's rights. In his male dominated business he has appointed more women executives than most other business owners. He has given corporate career opportunities to numerous women. In the TV business, the Latina beauty pageant that they were talking about on the debate had a contract to maintain her looks for at least one year after becoming "Miss Universe". She made somewhere around 4-5 million dollars from winning the title. That was her professional career and she was well aware of the nature of this business. She did not abide by the job contract. If someone gave me that much money to stay fit for one year, you bet I would do it! If I can't, fair enough, I was not meant to be a beauty queen, lol.
Trump advocated for her to not have her "Miss Universe" title revoked, as she was in fact capable to get back in shape. She had a choice to work a regular job like most women instead of becoming "Miss Universe", and even after the competition, she could have decided that she did not want the title. It was her own decision/will to enter the modelling business, where women are judged by their looks. I do not see anything shocking in her story.
I also think Trump's child care policies will be better for US women. Ivanka spoke of her role in advising him how to help mothers. I do not think Hillary will do anything different than what she had done so far in childcare, and what she had done so far in this area is bad and it keeps women out of the workforce.

amazingmouse

Account Closed
I know, it is impossible to say even a word in defence of Hillary... sorry for asking. I thought her supporters could answer the question about what exactly had she done for women in her decades long political career...I was hoping I missed something, but no luck :coffee:

GDPR

GDPR
Nah,it's not 'impossible',there's just really no point in it.You already summed them both up pretty accurately by saying
corrupt elitists

Much has changed since this thread started and I,just like nearly everyone else I know,will be voting for the 'lesser of two evils'.It's pathetic that it has come to this.

I just know I definitely don't want Trump as president.

amazingmouse

Account Closed
Clinton is more corrupt, but anyway. I guess there is no point discussing her, if people can't cite any legitimate reason to support her. The only arguments "for" her are insults of Trump and some lies about what he had said. But what did she say and what did she do in her political career so far... lies, bribes, investigations by the FBI, I just don't understand who would vote for more of that. It is an interesting cultural phenomenon to approve of such political behavior.

GDPR

GDPR
Exactly why I consider her the lesser of two evils.At least I CAN find some good things about her.

Thanks MHJ

amazingmouse

Account Closed
That's nothing comparing to her scandals and lies, including lies to the families of killed American heroes. She had lied numerous times and will continue to do so if elected. I guess people don't care anymore how they get treated by the political elite?

---------- Post Merged at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:21 PM ----------

I guess that's the answer to way would anyone vote for a Liar. Anyway, I am out of here. Have fun.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Despite the misinformation, obfuscation and lying campaigns, Hillary has actually done a lot of important work for promoting the rights, freedoms, equality, choices and wellbeing of women, children, and the disadvantaged.

Education and better advantages for children and families become advantages for the women that girls grow into.

Hillary Clinton’s Long, Committed Record Advocating For Women and Children

She Wins We Win
Oh, my first phrase is referring to the opposing campaign, just for clarity. Haha that coulda sounded confusing. 🙃

Last edited:

GDPR

GDPR
Nobody 'jokes' about dating their own daughter except those that actually would.'nuff said!

You know,you could always start your own thread, in support of Trump,so you don't feel the need to keep defending him in this one,if you like.You already know what's in this thread,you know you won't be changing any minds or swaying votes,so it might be a good route to go if it bothers or offends you.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Two posts containing specific as yet unproven allegations against the candidates have been removed for reasons of potential liabilities.

Please confine any comments to those that are not potentially libelous.

Status
Not open for further replies.