More threads by sister-ray

Dreading winter.

Yes I agree with you, sad, immoral and unethical, but I dont know what to do, when you complain no one really listens when you got a mental health problem, my General Praticioner wrote to them backing me up and didnt get anywhere. I thought of taking it to the Human rights people, but wouldnt know where to start, and somedays I dont feel I have the strenght to take on the mental health system, I just feel I should be getting the right help and support and getting better and having a better quality of life but Dont feel that is going to happen.

Dreading winter.

Yes I agree with you, sad, immoral and unethical, but I dont know what to do, when you complain no one really listens when you got a mental health problem, my General Praticioner wrote to them backing me up and didnt get anywhere. I thought of taking it to the Human rights people, but wouldnt know where to start, and somedays I dont feel I have the strenght to take on the mental health system, I just feel I should be getting the right help and support and getting better and having a better quality of life but Dont feel that is going to happen.

Dreading winter.

My G.P. has tryed, a couple of years ago he tryed referring me to the local psychriatric hospital, as there are different professionals based there, but they deal normally with the in- patients, when I got the reply I had been referred to back to the local mental health resourse centre! He then tryed to get me a ordainary social worker, and he suceeded but she couldnt access any services for me as Im classed as mental health and she shouldnt be dealing with that, only the social workers at the mental health resource centre can do that.

The problem is Im labelled mental health and dont have no choice, If I had a physical disability/illness things would be different.

I know of other people who just exist in the system and take what theyre given and are scared to complain or ask for what they want and I can understand why because like me if you complain, they label you again and you get treated differently because you dared to stand up to them.

Also it can depend on the area you live in, our mental health resourse centre is bad, there are other bad ones, some are okay and theres some good ones, but I dont see why I should have to move just to get the help I need when Im happy living here!

Dreading winter.

My G.P. has tryed, a couple of years ago he tryed referring me to the local psychriatric hospital, as there are different professionals based there, but they deal normally with the in- patients, when I got the reply I had been referred to back to the local mental health resourse centre! He then tryed to get me a ordainary social worker, and he suceeded but she couldnt access any services for me as Im classed as mental health and she shouldnt be dealing with that, only the social workers at the mental health resource centre can do that.

The problem is Im labelled mental health and dont have no choice, If I had a physical disability/illness things would be different.

I know of other people who just exist in the system and take what theyre given and are scared to complain or ask for what they want and I can understand why because like me if you complain, they label you again and you get treated differently because you dared to stand up to them.

Also it can depend on the area you live in, our mental health resourse centre is bad, there are other bad ones, some are okay and theres some good ones, but I dont see why I should have to move just to get the help I need when Im happy living here!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.