More threads by jack919

jack919

Hi all,
I am looking for a health insurance plan and want to keep my costs down. One of my options is a "saver" plan with a premium that is 20% less than the regular coverage. I am also looking at a hospital-only plan which is even less. My agent is advising against the plans. I think it is just because he wants me to pay a higher premium so that he can earn a more as commission. Please advise!

Retired

Re: Economical health insurance Plan

In what place are you located? Health insurance benefits vary from Country to Country, as you may know.

In Canada, our medical costs are covered by Provincial Health Insurance; however in the U.S. people are obliged to buy their own.

If you don't fully trust that your current insurance representative is working in your own interests, then you owe it to yourself to get out the phone book and make some calls to the various brokers in your community.

sunset

Hi all,
I am looking for a health insurance plan and want to keep my costs down. One of my options is a "saver" plan with a premium that is 20% less than the regular coverage. I am also looking at a hospital-only plan which is even less. My agent is advising against the plans. I think it is just because he wants me to pay a higher premium so that he can earn a more as commission. Please advise!

:rofl:

Peanut

HI, I have made a hobby out of choosing health insurance plans. I think it really depends on what you want out of your coverage. As Steve said, an agent will help you. But I think a few key things to conside are: 1. if you are on any ongoing prescriptions, 2.if you want to/expect to see the doctor during the year, 3. urgent care services.

Personally, a hospital only plan sounds like it would only help in case of an fairly unlikely event. If you want a little more security, it might be worth the extra money so you feel like it doesn't have to get that serious before you can see someone and it's covered.

Good luck, plans are confusing.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.